1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheDude, Apr 28, 2013.

1. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Every morning I brush my teeth, shower, get dress, and it takes me between 1 hour - 1 hour and half. In the morning I do everything really slow because I don't want to mess with my mood. That hour sets my mood for the rest of the day, so if I rush things I would probably have a crappy day (at least in my head). I literally don't go out if I haven't showered firts. Lol, I'm probably crazy.

What about you guys? Am I the only one that takes this long?

2. starfish

I am not a morning person at all.

I spend about 10 minutes getting ready in the morning.

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    15-20 minutes getting dressed, brushing my teeth, and fixing my hair. I don't spend much time getting ready in the morning.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I shower at night, so that's not part of my morning routine. I can be dressed, hair and teeth brushed, and out the door in 15 minutes.

5. BornInTexas

I spend 20-25 minutes in the shower. After that I brush my teeth, fix my hair, get dressed, and do all the stuff my body needs, like cologne. That takes up another 20 minutes.

So fourty minutes. :grin:

6. Hefiel

40 minutes, 25-30 of which goes towards eating breakfast while browsing the internet. The last 10 minutes is to brush my teeth, get dressed, biological break, and I'm good to go.

I shower at night so that saves me a lot of time in the morning.

7. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    From the time I get up to the time I get to the Bus stop, I'd say it takes me about 25-30 minutes. The quickest I've been is 10 minutes, but that is cutting a lot of stuff out. The largest chunk of that time is spent eating breakfast.

I shower at night, saves time and keeps my bed from smelling like a dead rat.

8. Nyanko

I take about an hour and a half/two hours getting ready in the morning. Majority of it is dedicated to my hair and makeup (I know...), and everything else combined takes about 20 minutes. Thank god my school gives us breakfast in the hallways, otherwise I'd always be late to class in the morning.

On the weekends it only takes me like 20 minutes. xD

9. Jameson

7-10 mins, i'm a power dresser, teeth brusher, and eater!

10. Niko

About an hour to an hour and a half. Sometimes I just get distracted and become too lazy to continue on with my morning routine, which is why. :lol: I'm not a morning person.

11. BudderMC

I'll usually take like 40-60 minutes to get ready in the morning, if I get a choice. I'd rather wake up early and have time to shower and eat breakfast (leisurely, at that) than sleep in for another half an hour and rush out the door.

I can be ready in less than 5 minutes though, if I need to be.

12. Cotillion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm going to replace "in the morning" with "when you need to leave the house", since most of the stuff I need to leave for is work, which can be any time between 0900 and 1800...

If I need to shower, it usually takes about 30 minutes or so to get ready, including time for shaving and stuff. If I don't need to, it takes me about 10 minutes. I'm rather quick. Though when I had long hair, it'd take a bit longer because I'd need to brush it and stuff.

13. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It really depends on whether or not I took a shower the night before, or in the morning. If I took a shower the night before, it usually only takes me about 30 minutes to get ready. I wake up, cuddle my dog for about 2 minutes, take my medicine, brush my teeth, get dressed, brush my hair, put on my make-up, feed my cats, grab my phone and other stuff, and leave. But if I take a shower that morning, it usually takes me about an hour or more to get ready.

14. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I take long showers, just 'cause I like them. So that's probably a 30 min average there. But if you exclude that I'd say about... 2 minutes, to "get ready."

15. sugarcubeigloo

I have this down to a science. It takes me exactly 15 minutes to get ready and then another 20 minutes to eat, make my lunch, and watch the news (traffic and weather are my main objectives). This is all kept in check by strategically set alarms on my phone to tell me where I should be in my routine (Beyonce songs - I feel like that's an important detail :lol:slight_smile:. I take my wake-up routine quite seriously, apparently.

16. redstormrising

about an hour and a half, most of which is time spent working out. it takes me 5-7 min to get out of bed, brush teeth, put contacts in, and put on workout clothes. then i work out in my spare bedroom. then about 20 min to pack my work bag, shower, and dress for work

17. Wolfie Charm

Five minutes if I have to apply sunscreen, usually only three otherwise. Six if I eat, but that five includes animal feeding.

18. The Master

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    umm like 5 minutes for me ;p

19. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Around 30 mins

20. AKTodd

Depends on what you mean by 'get ready'.

On a work day I'm awake at 6 but don't leave the house until 8:30. In that time, I brush teeth, put in contacts, shave, bio-break, take supplements and vitamins, workout, shower, prep lunch and breakfast, eat breakfast, read the paper, re-brush teeth, dress for work, kiss partner good-bye and head out door.

On a weekend, I'm awake by 7 (or earlier some days), lay in bed and read or watch TV until 9ish. My partner and the dogs usually come in around 8ish and we both watch TV and talk about what we'll do that day or on the weekend. Eventually I'll get up and put myself together, which is a lot like a work day except I don't workout and may or may not shave and certainly don't dress for work. So cut out all that time, but add in 20-30 min to walk the dog with my partner.

If I'm just doing a hardcore get ready and go, I can go from naked in bed to clothed and on my way to the car in half an hour to 45 min, less if I don't stop to shave or eat.

Despite taking my time in the AM, I am one of those obnoxious people who is totally awake and ready to discuss complex subjects (international politics, remodeling the house, tax policy) within 10 min of my eyes opening. My partner is a shuffling zombie until the first cup of coffee (I don't drink coffee) and kind of hates me for this some days I think:slight_smile:

Todd