1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Believe in Love at First Sight?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BryanM, Apr 28, 2013.

1. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you believe in love at first sight? Where you can just glance at someone and love them? I sort of believe in it, but I call it Lust at First Sight. I think that if you think someone is attractive when you will first see them, you will lust for them, but it's lust, not love. I think to turn it to love you have to talk to the person for quite some time. But what do you all think, or have you had any experience with love/lust at first sight?

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ....or should I walk by again...? :wink:

Sorry couldn't resist. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh Hahaha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. funkeln

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never experienced it that's for sure.. and seeing is believing so, sadly no, I do not believe in love at first sight.

5. lawRAWR

Not really, but I believe in attraction/lust at first sight. You can't tell someone's personality by looking at them, but there are some exceptions of course.

6. Hexagon

No, I don't. With a few qualifications. Seeing someone can provide an initial attraction that draws people together, and love may or not develop. Furthermore, people can use aspects of their appearance, mostly clothing and hair, to suggest certain things about themselves, be it sexuality or politics or interests. Neither of those things are love, certainly, but its probably the case that certain things about a person can be learnt from their appearance.

7. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    I believe it can happen but..very rarely,and i believe that the most important is the moment that happens,i mean you can see someone and pass by,and not even look at them,but when youre very emotional and sensitive,you can say you fall inlove with them at first sight..

8. Ridiculous

Lust, mutual attraction, that feeling that you just click together definitely - but I think the definition of 'love' kind of precludes it from being possible at first sight.

(not that I really have a definition of 'love', just that I think an extended time period is a pretty intrinsic part of it)

9. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I believe in lust at first sight. The attraction is there but the love comes after getting to know the person

10. FemCasanova

Love means being that you are willing to give great sacrifices, do commitment, have the world spinning around that person and the others in your life that you love. Do I believe I would give my life for some person at first sight? No. Do I believe that I would ever agree to joint accounts on first sight? Nope. Do I believe most (rational) people would? No.

So, no. I do not believe in love at first sight. Euphoria and decreased judgment at first sight, sure, but not love. Love comes through knowing someone, giving and receiving to the point where you would suffer if that person was to no longer exist. Love for me is a very serious matter. Even a bit scary. Because once you love someone, they have such a power over you, and what happens to them and with them has such a great impact on your own life. And the more people you love (mate, parents, siblings) the higher the risk of your world crashing together, because then there are more people who could suddenly get ill, die, experience a traumatic event, etc.

Gah.. Feeling a bit depressed now :frowning2:

11. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, I don't believe in love at first sight. I believe in lust at first sight, though. To love someone, you must know them and share a special bond with them.

Once was enough. <3 ;D

Rofl that made me giggle.

12. kraftykrow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Nope, love takes a LOT of time in my book. But I can be very attracted to someone at first sight. And if I get to talk to them for a bit it would probably help. :slight_smile:

13. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It depends on what you call love.
    As we call sex also "making love", right?
    I think lust can include love. Love for someones appearance, love for someones smell, whatever. Love is a word with a meaning that stretches....

I believe in love at first sight, cause I experienced it.
    It´s defenitely a kind of thunderbolt and lightning lifechanging deepgoing feeling, that is not quite the same as lusting for someone. There is another demension to it. A feeling of coming home or something. Hard to explain.
    Also, it´s mutual...You find eachother!
    And, on top of that, it would be just the same if you wouldn´t have sex at all, so where is the lust coming in then?

14. photoguy93

I definitely believe in list/compatibility/attraction at first sight, but it's so much nicer to say love.

15. BudderMC

I don't think it's possible to find any sort of meaningful, consummate love at first sight.

Up until a month ago when I met this guy, I didn't believe in "lust" at first sight either. But it seems I really like him, so I guess infatuation at first sight is possible.

16. poppy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Id like to believe but it never works like that.

17. Bolin

Absolutely not. How is it possible to understand and care for someone on such a deep level without even having said "hi" to the person, let alone an actual conversation?

18. Hexagon

Hmm, I wonder what would happen if the person you fall in love with at first sight isn't into people of your gender...

19. Eric

I feel like it helps to know a person's name before you fall head-over-heels in love with them. So no, I don't believe in love at first sight.

20. June Cleaver

I know it can happen. I had it happen to me back 3 days after Thanksgiving in 2008. We then talked briefly and my heart pounded and head was dizzy with joy. I was in a bad relationship and just fantasized about him for years after that chance brief meeting his face was burned into my head. He has never left my heart and to this day I am still deeply in love with him and just can't look at another man and I have had some really good looking even younger men chase me since, but I just can't get into them without thinking of him to get into the mood. Viewing him in my minds eye was the only way I could get turned on with my ex and every man since the moment I laid eyes on him. After my ex and I broke up in Oct 2011 I tried to date several men and though I had sex with 2 while thinking of him, I broke it off with them since neither could break the spell. I spent years in love just imagining how life would be if he only wanted me, if only we could meet again! My ex made him out to be mean and violent so I was too afraid to seek him out, and besides he was married with kids is what I was told. I actually avoided him out of fear. I just could not get over him, even years later I just knew he was the one.

Then last november I answered a chain letter which said that my true love would think of me at midnight and between the hours of 1 pm and 4:40 pm the next day I would have the shock of a lifetime! By 5 in the morning I could not bare the anguish and tried suiside which I failed at. Then 1 pm that day, he walked up my driveway and had wanted to talk with me since the day we first met but took all that time to get up the nurve to come meet me for real. At 4:40 he told me he told his GF the day we met that Kenny was lucky because I had a nice ass and he did not care how gay that sounded. I sure was shocked and offered him a drink when I noticed the time just like the chain letter said. The rest is history and we are very much in love and the guy is Mike who I know is my soulmate. That is the only time I have had something like that happen to me and probably never will again. June

#20 June Cleaver, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013