1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Equality & Justice Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rakkaus, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Alright so on Tuesday I'm going on a bus with my LGBT center to attend Equality & Justice Day up in Albany (the capital of New York State). It's like a day where we go to rally for LGBT rights, meet with our elected officials and try to change hearts and minds; apparently this day was crucial in making the difference that got marriage equality passed in New York back in 2011.

I've never been to any sort of LGBT rally or pride thing so I'm excited about this though also a little anxious. Anyone have any experience with this or something like this?

2. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Anyone? I have to be out the door by like 4:45 am tomorrow for this, not sure what to expect at something like this. :confused:

And oh yeah, I still haven't even told my parents, I hope they will let me go, I was going to ask if my mother could drive me to where the bus is picking us all up. :/

#2 Rakkaus, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  3. Mysz

I've only ever been to an LGBT parade, and then after that a sort of festival where there were lots of speakers. Everyone there was super supportive and I saw quite a lot of fabulous outfits. Just keep a tight hand on your purse or whatever you might bring- same rule for every big rally, really. And wear sunscreen even if it's chilly out :grin:

4. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Thanks for the tips! :slight_smile:

Alright, so I have to be up by 4 am tomorrow and leave for the bus by 5 am...so I decided I'm just going to stay up all night and sleep on the bus ride to Albany (2 hrs 42 mins without traffic, but I'm hoping there will be traffic!)

I'm so nervous and anxious, I just popped a Zoloft, but I still am filled with anxiety and fear, no point even trying to go to sleep for so little time. Anyone have anything to say or wanna chat for the next 4 hours? :cry: