1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are most lesbians so nuts and angry?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Danni8787, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Danni8787

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So i was talking to a girl in a gay bar, just talking, i did not find her attractive or anything like that and her ex comes over, punches her in the nose and me in the head??? What on earth?

2. Isabelle

Wow is the only word that comes to mind

3. Danni8787

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know. Like how is that acceptable behaviour? She did get thrown out but still.

I dont know what its like where you guys are from but here its all little lesbian crews who like to fight each other and cause trouble.

4. JPC

JPC Guest

It's really not acceptable, I would've reported her to the police. She's clearly crazy.

5. Hot Pink

I wouldn't think of it as socially acceptable. Don't label all or most lesbians as crazy because of one jerk.

6. FruitFly

As a wise old bean once told me, lesbian drama is the worst drama as it escalates quickly.

It isn't acceptable behaviour, but I have to admit that I have witnessed a fair number of aggressive individuals within the lesbian scene that are frankly rather scary when they get going. I have no idea what fuels it, when up north I assumed it was down to the small number of openly queer women who were active in the whole bar scene, combined with the switching and swapping of partners, resulting in jealousies building and outbursts of violence which served to keep me away from the bar scene for a good long while.

Not that staying away helps, I've had the pleasure of seeing lesbians going full throttle with the aggression in various locations and it's never pretty, and unfortunately always fueling the crazy lesbian stereotype.

#6 FruitFly, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  7. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

This ....

(title implication: most lesbians are overly nuts and angry. Justification: ???)

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can agree with pretty much all the sentiments entered in this thread. I've seen a lot of lesbian relationships where the fights tend to be really nasty and escalate really quickly.

I've also seen a *lot* of dysfunctional lesbian relationships, and a lot of angry, unhappy lesbians.

But I've also seen a tremendous number of loving, happy, kind, and thoughtful lesbians.

So while it might be true that, for those lesbians who do have issues, they can escalate quickly and/or be *really* bad... I don't at all feel like it's a fair generalization to say that most or all lesbians are like that.

9. afterthefact

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think it's like in every society - homo or hetero - there is a bit of everything. The sad part, those that act stupidly tend to stick out.

10. Mysz

I can't speak for the bar scene, but those in lesbian relationships I've seen or know are all pretty sweet- the drama happens in hetero relationships. Especially when one girl asks another girl's recent ex boyfriend to prom- ouch.

11. Pain

Pain Guest

Well, she WAS her ex, and maybe it was for a good reason! But this one incident doesn't mean MOST gay women are nuts and angry.

12. Eliza

Eliza Guest

Thankyouuuuuu.

13. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
  14. Naren

Her ex had just finished watching The Expendibles.

15. Vesper

Broad generalization fallacy.

16. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The lesbians I've met haven't been nuts. In fact, I have yet to meet an out lesbian I don't like, although since I've only met 1 or 2 out lesbians in person that's not saying much.

17. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Geez! What a lunatic!!

18. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Q: Why are most lesbians so nuts and angry?
    A: Because they're girls!

I jest.

I know a lot of lesbians, far too many actually. And I don't find any of them are any crazier than anyone else. Everyone can lose it now and then, I don't think that's a particular trait only found in lesbians.

19. Hexagon

I'm sorry you got punched by a lesbian, but how does that translate to most lesbians being angry?

20. FemCasanova

I agree with this!

That said, having spent time both in "pure lesbian" communities (where only lesbians) and a "mixed orientations and gender" communities (LGBTQ), I much preferred the mixed one over the ones with only lesbians. A majority of lesbians are nice, kind and great people. However, it seemed to have an odd effect when women gather into large groups, just like I have seen when men gather in big groups. It seems that regardless of your gender, homogeneous groups of women or men tend to bring out the worst qualities in us. Don`t get me wrong, I am not saying this is always the case, it`s just something I have observed. And often in these big groups, if you don`t fit the "box" you get squeezed out, contributing to keeping the group homogeneous. I found lesbians in these communities acting very differently than lesbians I have met who belongs to mixed group communities or aren`t active in LGBT groups at all.

Just my thoughts. I found it odd and a bit interesting at the time, but I didn`t fit in it. Maybe it`s just the lesbian communities here in Norway, maybe I was just unlucky, I don`t know. Being a feminine lesbian, I fit into their box, but I don`t like fitting boxes nor hearing someone talk badly about someone who doesn`t.

Not sure if this was that relevant, lol, but ... I think you were very unlucky and got smacked by an angry ex, she doesn`t represent us all. I would never get jealous enough to actually get physical with someone. If my GF leaves me, then hitting someone isn`t going to change that or fix anything. But you have irrational people of all genders, orientation and locations. That`s just how it is.