1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Hangover Cure?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Asari, May 1, 2013.

1. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I'm normally very controlled and know my limits but I am a college kid and school is over so there have been quite a few parties this week. Last night I totally overdid it and got violently sick. I woke up at 3 in the afternoon with the worst hangover. Usually puking lessons it but whatever. I already made my usual hangover egg sandwich but what do you do when you're hungover? Can I make a smoothie or something?

Share you're best hangover remedies.

2. theCHIVEguy21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It is said that chocolate milk helps hangovers, which has helped me once or twice, but the 2 main things that helps me is Gatorade and a lot of fresh air. Just find a nice shady place and chill for a while. That always helps me.

3. Callie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If I feel sick when I wake up I drink water until I throw up. It works great. Then I drink more water. Painkillers and some light exercise (like walking) are good too. As for food I like bananas because vitamins and carbs are good, and I almost never get drunk on anything banana-flavored.

4. catatonie

Water + breakfast + a bike ride
    Something about cycling always clears me up. I used to bike to work after a lot of heavy drinking nights and I always got over it significantly faster than when I would lay in the dark and eat donuts (which for some reason I thought was a cure when I was younger, I don't know).
    Hangovers are a result of ethanol still wreaking havoc on your body. You need food to get your metabolism going to work it out, and water to flush it. Drink water til you piss clear.
    I don't know what the fuck a bike ride actually does for the body medically, maybe nothing, but everyone I know who's done it says it seems to work.

5. JPC

JPC Guest

I had the exact same problem this morning. Whenever I'm hungover I make a bacon and egg sandwich, have a lot of orange juice and water and turn on a fan because for some reason I feel less sick when I'm cold. Sometimes none of the cures work and you just have to wait it out.

6. Formality

Chill music on low volume and just trying not to move too much. Walking doesn't really work for me. I get so dizzy for hangover and have to hold onto the walls to move around the apartment.

As for food. I can't really eat much when I'm hungover since everything mostly just spins and I feel too sick to eat. When I feel better after a few hours I usually eat kebab at the local grill. Kebab is the shit... just saying.

7. MichaelB

Scrambled eggs and a lot of water usually does the trick.

I'm starting to think it's just a placebo for me now though. Like, even when I have the cold or something, after scrambled eggs I usually feel ALOT better haha

8. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A lot of the hangover symptoms are to do with being dehydrated when you wake up, due to the amount of times you go to the bathroom when you are drinking alcohol, if you drink plenty of water before you go to bed, you should wake up without a hangover!

Try it :slight_smile:

9. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A lot of the hangover symptoms are to do with being dehydrated when you wake up, due to the amount of times you go to the bathroom when you are drinking alcohol, if you drink plenty of water before you go to bed, you should wake up without a hangover!

Try it :slight_smile:

10. Salazar

Pint of milk and then looooooooots of water.

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not getting drunk.

The next best one. Every band I know keeps them in the freezer:

[​IMG]

Lex

12. Formality

Those are seriously f*****g delicious! I need to get some for this weekend :wink:

13. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I took the workout advice and went for a bike ride. I still feel dizzy though. I think the dizzyness is also because I woke up too late to take my depression medication (I usually take it at the same time every day) I think when I wake up tomorrow and take my medication I should hopefully feel much better. I am going to make a shake too now that I can eat. Thanks for the advice keep your awesome tips coming! :slight_smile: I've learned my lesson for now and I am going to avoid alcohol for a while.

14. newdown

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I never found a cure, but two Excedrin before drinking tends to keep them from happening in the first place.

15. HeyAshley

coke from mcdonalds. works like penecillllin.

16. NeatlyOrganized

Adderall, or an opiate like percocet works like a champ if you're into any of that stuff. Also i work at a health food store and well sell and herbal "hangover cure" (I believe is the name of the product) it works alright if anyone is interested enough i can post the herbal blend on Saturday and you can make it yourself.

17. Sully

...lol jokes.

I find deep breaths make me feel really sick, so for me shallow breaths, fresh air, standing up, carbs, science fiction, all seem to help.

18. FranklinK

I know a cure it's super easy. Heat up a tall glass of water and put 4-5 tablespoons of sugar in it. Stir it up until the sugar is dissolved then chug it.

The water hydrates you and the sugar helps to metabolize the alcohol. I do this right before bed every time I drink. I wake up feeling great no matter how much I've consumed.

19. Sully

I guess it all depends on how much and what you drink.

One night I had 3/4 of a bottle of vodka and probably about 1 litre of wine. Lets just say no amount of hang over cures was gonna cure this hangover.

#19 Sully, May 3, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
  20. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never stop drinking XD

Nah, just kidding.
    From what I know from biology a hangover is mainly caused by dehydration of the... something. Anyway, by dehydration. So technically if you drink water alongside with your pint you SHOULD be fine. But I never drank enough to get drunk, so I never tested it. Lol.

The BEST cure is just not getting drunk tho' XD