1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couples: Hang out with single people or other couples?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RueBea85, May 1, 2013.

1. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Does being in a relationship affect whether you hang out with other couples or single people? Does it bother you if your significant other hangs out with their own friends without you?

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Quite the opposite; I'd be bothered if they didn't. We were both self-sufficient people with our own interesting lives before we met; that shouldn't end when a relationship starts.

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Absolutely true, no one single person can be everything to anyone else. It's a common mistake in relationships and marriages. It can be quite suffocating.

4. ^ this stuff.

I have no problems with my girlfriend doing stuff without me, and I sometimes like to do stuff without her.

But also I had friends before we got together, and I still have friends. Whether they are dating someone or not, they're still my friends.

So, it depends, but not on my preference of whether to hang out with couples or single people, but on whether my friends happen to be dating or single at the time...