1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love is stronger than hate

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jared, May 1, 2013.

1. Jared

Just saw this found this on facebook and though some of you would enjoy it.

peace and love

2. Hexagon

I hope it is. If it isn't, then all hope for humanity is lost. Thanks for posting, I can't say I enjoyed reading about the harassment, but the message was good, and it was certainly enlightening.

3. It's only a matter of time before gay marriage will be upon us. It might take decades for it to see light statewide, but in the UK, it's being passed through parliament as we speak. In many European countries it's already legalised.

The idea that it'll be the last human right the US has to deal with is pretty stupid though. Gender equality is still non-existent in many states and disabled, overweight, black people - nobody is completely safe. It's not about changing laws, it's about changing attitudes. People from the US think they're doing really well and that human rights are improving vastly, but from us in Europe looking over the pond, we're shocked and amazed at how primitive some of it still is. Obama is working magic and many of you don't even know it.

So I don't think this is the last rights issue you're going to have to deal with. I don't think any of us will see the last rights issue in our lives.

4. Hexagon

I would hope not. Because there certainly are injustices around, and if they never became 'an issue', then we'd never deal with them.

5. JPC

JPC Guest

Love definitely is strong than hate. It's just a shame that hate happens to be much louder and more aggressive.