1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling Like An Alien

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BoiGeorge, May 2, 2013.

1. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I was reading an old diary of mine today and I had written that I felt like an alien on this planet. This was written before I had ever met any other LGBT people. I felt like I was a freak. I thought I was the only one. And that was only the sexual identity! The gender identity really made me feel like a freak! I wasn't male and I wasn't female. I was both! Then once I found out that there were other people who go through the same things, I began to feel much more comfortable within myself. Has anyone ever felt like a bit of an 'alien' before?

2. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sure,when i was 14 years old,i didnt know about other gay guys.So i thought that maybe something is wrong with me and i was really afraid.I remember asking my mom what about sexuality,but she never had the right answer so i thought that im weird or something.Lol and today i know who i am,i have many gay friends,and i feel normal.

3. Hexagon

*shyly raises hand*

4. TheUglyBarnacle

This...

5. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I did for so many years. But mine wasn't related to my sexual orientation. Mine was related to my mental health. Ever since I was 8 years old, I've had horrible panic attacks and negative thoughts. I thought I was a bad person and that I was unworthy of love because I felt like a freak. I constantly questioned my conscience and needed reassurance from others that I was a good person. I tried to kill myself when I was 11 because I was scared that I was evil. Luckily, my mom cleaned out all the knives from the dish drainer. Within seconds I fainted out of shock that I attempted such a horrible thing.
    My anxiety reached it's peak when I was 15. I had a bit of a meltdown and felt no emotions for a whole month. I finally decided I needed to seek professional help. For months, I lied to the psychologist about how I was feeling out of fear that they would admit me to a mental institution. But I eventually told the truth and the psychologist referred me to a psychiatrist. The very first day I saw him, he had a diagnosis. I was diagnosed with OCD, PTSD, anxiety and panic disorder. He told me how common my diagnosis is, and I was floored. He wrote me a prescription for Lexapro, and within a week, my emotions came back. I was no longer in constant worry. I felt amazing.
    I am now 21, and I am still doing very well. I am no longer fragile or afraid. I'm actually what most people think of as a "tough cookie" because they've never seen me cry and I'm the biggest dare devil. XD

6. Niko

Yup. I always felt alone and like a freak for having these desires for wanting to be a boy. I suppressed these feelings though and pretended to think nothing was wrong, even though a lot was wrong. During high school I'd get angry with myself because I wasn't like the other girls, and I couldn't bring myself to be like the other girls. If I wore anything girlie even just make up I'd slip into a depression and I didn't want that. Up until last November when I came out to my parents, they'd tell me that I was still an immature tomboy and that I needed to grow up. I believed them, because I too thought it was a phase. But that was until I finally figured out what a transgendered person was, which was about a year ago. I was so relieved when I found this out, it was the first time I actually felt like I wasn't alone.