1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by somegirl, May 2, 2013.

1. somegirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've decided tomorrow that I'm going to come out to my close friend. She says she never judges people, so hopefully it'll go OK. I'm really scared. I'm only out to 1 person. I said that over text (yeah great way hey?) I was too scared to do it any other way. But are there any tips or should I just go for it and hope for the best?:help:

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She doesn't judge? That's your green light. You'll do great. :grin:

3. IrishEyes1989

Awww, good for you!! :slight_smile: The brave first step forward. You'll be absolutely fine.

When I started coming out to my friends, I tried to tell each of them separately so that I only had one reaction to deal with at a time lol. So, I think it's very wise that you're just telling your best friend for now. My advice is just to tell her how much her friendship and trust mean to you and that you've chosen to share this with her because you feel secure in the bond you two share. By the sounds of it, she is a good friend and I'm sure she will be incredibly supportive. Real friends are there for you no matter what and love you unconditionally. I don't think you have anything to worry about :wink: Let us know how it goes, yeah? (*hug*)

4. somegirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thankyou:slight_smile: Yeah, I will post a new thread tomorrow:slight_smile: I'm not really that nervous, because I don't think she will leave. I am just scared that this time it's in person. Last time, I just had to tell someone, my best friend. But I couldn't do it in person. So that's what I'm scared most about, not her leaving, I doubt she will. :grin:

---------- Post added 2nd May 2013 at 01:05 PM ----------

I'm getting really nervous. She's not one of my closest friends. I don't really have close friends anymore. I mean, she is a good friend to me, and I can always talk to her about stuff. I just don't know wah. Yes or no? :'(