1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F***ing people. [Vent]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PillsHere, May 2, 2013.

1. PillsHere

It's becoming too apparent that everyone just seems to be out for their own selfish bullshit. I spend the past week staying up until nearly 5am listening to my friend tell me about his issues involving some chick he likes (on top of it all, he knows I'm into him, but I take it all in stride of being a friend.) The one night I call him up because I genuinely need him to be MY listener for once: Answer machine, receive a text "League. (he's basically telling me he's playing LeagueOfLegends.)" So I wait about an hour, notice he's on facebook, message him, it's 10pm at this time.

"I have work in the morning, I'm about to go to bed man."
    Really? Everyday I'm being proven there are no people worth my time in this life. Not to sound arrogant, but really what's the fucking point of me being a friend when I seem to have no friends.

The shitty thing about all this is, believe it or not, he's actually one of my better "friends."

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some people can be great friends but not very good listeners. I've learned to protect and take care of myself as a result. I will always listen to my friends, but I don't expect the same in return anymore. I just seem to attract hurt people.

3. Foxface

I'd agree...I listen a ton...to anyone who needs it but have been shut down before in my time of need...oh well I guess...I attract the same types heart

4. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes certain personalities attract certain people and not always the best...

5. FranklinK

Hell no don't take that shit. If he can't be there for you then he isn't a friend. You aren't a doormat and you don't deserve to be walked all over. Friends are there for each other no matter what. Every relationship - friendship or otherwise - is a two way street. You are worth more than a damn game and him putting that game ahead of you is extremely shitty.

That being said, talk to him about it. Tell him that it was a dick move and that you need him just like he needs you. If he can't be there for you it's time to move on. People come and go it's a part of life, don't get caught up caring about someone's feelings when they obviously don't care about yours.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Franklink. Someone like that isn't your friend, and doesn't deserve your time. You deserve better.

I used to have people like that in my life, and I used to let people walk all over me. I'm still not perfect, but I have much better boundaries now, and I've basically gotten to the point where i just don't put any energy into those relationships at all, and let them die.

7. HelmetBoi

I pretty much agree with the previous few comments. Friendship isn't a one way thing, it needs effort from both sides to work and if things are so one sided it probably isn't going to work too well in the long run. It might sound silly but have you tried talking to him about it? Maybe sitting down and directly saying that you've listened to him and looked after him before but sometimes you need the same in return might make it click for him?

We do develop over time as people, maybe this is just a bit of his development that needs a little kick start?

8. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

You and I are in the same boat, mate :/ People can be total arseholes

9. There's nothing wrong with what he did. He never made any claims that he'd 'be there' for you if he needed you. His reasons for not talking to you are valid - he was playing a game (with others probably relying on him), then he decided he had to go to bed. He apologised, and I'm sure you could speak to him another time.

Just because you've put yourself in the position of staying up all night every night for him because you like him doesn't mean he will (or should) do the same.

Don't fall out with this guy. He's not a good listener perhaps, but that doesn't make him selfish and it doesn't make him an asshole. It makes him a guy.

10. PillsHere

It seems like a majority of people I meet/met/have known for my entire life are like this. I only have one true friend and she lives 2 hours away. It's getting pretty tiresome and me misanthropic.

Actually he did, multiple times, when it was convenient for him and he needed to talk.

And it's not like I could do much about being kept up/woken up so late (3 am.) Just last week my phone was on silent, woke up to a beep on facebook that turned out to be a message, quote "Answer your damn phone."

11. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

Well, if he was venting about a girl he likes, is it possible he just feels like crap? Some people aren't very good listeners when they feel horrible enough to call there friend in the middle of the night venting about there girlfriends. I hope that he will be there for you when he is feeling less like cow manure, otherwise he is a bad friend. (!)