1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoos

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JPC, May 3, 2013.

1. JPC

JPC Guest

My time in Spain is coming near an end and it's been a pretty great year. So, a group of my friends here are planning on getting tattoos to sort of commemorate it before we all go back to our own countries next month. I can't decide whether it's something I want to do or not because I think a tattoo is something I may end up regretting. If I do, it'll only be a very small one and it'll probably be on the side of my foot or something where nobody will see it so I'm thinking that there isn't really much of a point. But I don't know, I'll wait and see.
    I know some people love them and think they're a turn on, others hate them and think they're tacky and common. What do you guys think of tattoos - do you like them or are they a big no-no?

2. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I like them and have a couple myself - and would get more.

Can't stand those shit tribal bands some guys have though.

My advice, if you're at all unsure don't do it.

3. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well to me its a big decision,its something that will remain on you for ever,and if you get bored of it?Then what?You will have to have it on you forever,you will have something on your skin you dont like,especially when some people do their partners name its a big NO.
    Although tattoos on guys turn me on.

4. MetalAngel89

MetalAngel89 Guest

Everyone's got their own opinions. If you're not wanting one then don't do it. Like you said, that would be pointless, and you don't wanna regret it later.

Personally I love tattoos, and I have my next 60 or so planned out lol... and I think they are a huge turn on but I think that if you get any tattoo, you should love it.

5. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    People that do this are insane.

6. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    exactly(!)

7. JPC

JPC Guest

I agree, tattooing (is that even a word?) a person's name is beyond idiotic. I don't know though, I kind of like tattoos on a guy sometimes (even the tribal bands occasionally). I think I'll decide once I see some sort of design or something.

8. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you're at all artistic, try and come up with your own design.

I can't draw for shit, but can get a general gist of what I want down on paper then get a friend who can draw to make it better.

9. JPC

JPC Guest

I think I'll leave that to someone else. I'm probably one of the least artistic and imaginative people around, even my stick men are unintelligible.

10. manoverboard09

I love tattoos :slight_smile: *pokes album*
    I'm gonna get another one soon.. just waiting until I have the time to.

I think getting tattoos with your friends is a great idea :slight_smile: It's a memory that will last forever. But if you think you'll regret it, maybe don't do it? But most people I know who get tattoos end up falling in love with them and want even more.
    You could always get something really small, and in a spot that's very easy to hide.

11. catatonie

I have a few, the biggest is on my chest and I'm really fond of it, because I designed it myself and it just makes me happy when I see it in the mornings. Some people don't like them sure but I think they take it to the extreme in bitching about people who do get them done. Even the ones I wouldn't get now, I don't regret any more than someone regrets a freckle or a scar. If you're so self conscious that you're thinking about your skin every time you go outside, it's not for you then, and that's perfectly fine. The only real regrets I've heard are from people who've tattooed their faces and hands, because it puts you at a real disadvantage for finding a job. Other than that, you'd be surprised how little you consider them once you've had them for a while.

12. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dig tattoos. I have one and I intend on getting more in the future.

13. IrishEyes1989

I don't mind tattoos, in moderation. My girlfriend has several, but they are all concealable (except for part of one below her collarbone that is visible when she wears low-cut tops). I think that sleeves and face tattoos are the ugliest things on the planet. I've toyed with the idea of getting a tattoo before but, like you JPC, I feel I would be too prone to regret the decision later. And also like you I would only get something very small and in a completely concealable place, like my butt or something lmao. So not much point really :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I thought about a Tattoo once & then I thought, as I got older it would start to look stupid, a tattoo may look sexy on a young Guys neck, but what about when he is 60 or 70 :slight_smile:

15. Stoical

I have a small tattoo on my upper arm. It's in a place I can see it (if shirt's off or wearing a sleeveless), but high enough that it's pretty much concealed. You can sort of the see the bottom edge of it when I wear a short-sleeved shirt. I wanted it like that so I don't have to worry about should I ever end up working in a conservative environment.

I'll admit I always wanted a sleeve...maybe not a full sleeve, but like a quarter-sleeve. Someday I'll at least get a second tattoo though. Just been terribly, terribly indecisive on what I would want. Not sure I'd ever get one on butt though. If I get something like a tattoo, I want to be able to easily see it.

Anyway, getting a tattoo to commemorate something isn't a bad idea. That way there's a positive memory attached to it. So even if you lose interest in the design somewhat over the years, you'd probably still value having the tattoo for what it symbolizes.

Of course, if you're really not into getting a tattoo at all, it's probably a mistake to get one. Then the tattoo just ends up becoming a reminder of how you let yourself do something you really didn't want to do. If you're worried about concealing it, there's other places (like upper arms, shoulders, etc) that would be more visible than your foot, but would still be hidden most of time by clothing.

Take some time to try to figure out how you feel about it, and don't rush into any decisions. Whatever you do decide, you want to be confident that it's the right decision. Good luck. :icon_bigg

16. cowboymarine21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    get something you wont regret later down the road

17. mpac21

I wouldn't get a tattoo on meself (it's about my own personal style I guess), but I think a lot that other people get are pretty much artwork, if done properly that is....

18. Obscurity

I have two, and I love them. I did not make a quick decision on them, though. Both have meaning to me. My second one, I specifically had designed for me. The only thing I would change about my first one is that it is on the arm, where it shows if I wear short sleeve shirts. Now, I do not care if most people see them, but wearing long sleeve shirts when I go to visit my family in California is not always fun. :lol:

19. Jordz

I'm like this too, I like the look of them and have thought about getting one but I just think it might look good now but what about when i'm old, it won't look so good

20. catatonie

The point isn't to look good when you're 60 or 70. Your body changes immensely when you age, you're not going to be fit and svelt forever anyway. No 20 year old is going to find you hawt when you're 65, no matter what you do.