Used car game.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by starfish, May 3, 2013.

1. starfish

So I have a 96 BMW z3 1.9. It is a fun car, but it needs a water pump and a few other things.

I've been half way thinking of selling it and buying another car. Likely I'll just fix it as it won't cost that much. Just for fun I have been looking at cars. Any suggestions? I'm just looking at used cars, never owned a new car and don't intend to start now.

My price range is under $20K.

Browsing craigslist some interesting cars I have found.

Mini Cooper S convertible
    1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (This one is just a bit out of my price range)
    Porsche Boxster
    Mercedes S600 (Maintenance would be killer, but a Bi-Turbo V12 OMG :eek:slight_smile:
    Porsche 928

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. SomeNights

I love my Jeep Wranglers! The one I own is a 1993 4 banger 2.5L that has treated me well. It just finished pulling a 4K pound trailer 1,800 miles to help me move home from college.

I tell you what though, they don't make them like they used to. Try one of those "new" ones and then try one pre 97 you'll see a BIG difference

3. starfish

Oh here we go a Rolls Royce Silver Spirit. $15K.

Then I'd have to buy some Grey Poupon.

4. All Star

All Star Guest

Just saying what I'm getting as I'm giving my current truck (Nissan Frontier) to my cousin and my father is helping me out with some payments on this new one is a 2009 Mazda RX-8 Sport. Not bad at 18,599.

5. Gallatin

My family have had several Mini Coopers and loved each one. They are fun to drive (especially the S, quite a bit of pep in its step) and great on gas.