1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Than Just Friends?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by deliciouslysexy, Apr 9, 2008.

1. deliciouslysexy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Do you or have you ever had a good friend who you wanted to be more than just friends with? Did you let them know or end up taking it to another level?

2. deliciouslysexy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have a friend who I used to have a big crush on. Of course my friend was straight which made it a challenge. He "humped" me on his family room couch when we were freshmen in high school. We were kids so it was nothing but a puppy thing.

Now if I had the chance and knowing what I know as an adult, it would be on. He is the one person that I want so badly to make love to me. I still have a "secret crush" on him and everytime I talk to him on the phone, his voice turns me on.

He is a virgin and has not dated anyone because he is very shy. He is not thought of as the attractive type, but he is fine as #### to me. He has a warm heart and is the sweetest man I know. I want this man inside of me and I want to make all of our fantasies come true. If it were possible I would have this man's kids, that is how much I love this guy. If he wanted me to suck his dick naked in front of the world, I would do it in a heartbeat. Long story short, this man has got me wide open.

3. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

I felt that way about some people too...but their str8 crushers....=(

4. Mystic Me

Mystic Me Guest

I have one right now! but he is straight! he is also my closes guy bff and i dont want to lose him because of it

5. justcallmejoey

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes I have felt this way about a couple people.

One was my first girlfriend ever that I was friends with for a year before I told her that I liked her. We went out for 2 days broke up got back together for 2 weeks and broke up again. It was a stupid relationship.

The other one is my current girlfriend. We were friends for a year and a half. She knew everything about me within about 3 months. Then we got together. Now we are happly engaged. I love her to death.

Sometimes the most awkward things turn out pretty damn good.

6. um, i sorta let them, she asked me out on a date, we went on it. it was good
    and then later taht week i hooked her up witha chick =\ and now they are engaged
    (hahah)

7. gator388

gator388 Guest

I find I really fall for the straight acting type. The one guy I've ever been in love with I never told. Now I wish I had...it got to be so bad I broke off our friendship and rarely ever see him now.

8. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wasted way too long (a few years) wanting a good friend of mine. She kept telling me she wanted to be with me but couldn't right then, because she didn't want to betray for Internet girlfriend. She had no problem sleeping with half the population (regardless of gender), though. If she'd just told me nothing was going to happen I ould have been able to get over it a lot more easily, but because she kept saying we had a chance, I spent far too long waiting for her.

9. justjoshoh

Yes, I did. We ended up talking about it and taking it to the next level. However, I ended up ruining the relationship. Alas, we are still good friends.

10. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think all the friends I had a thing for and wanted to have more with were people who I started out massively attracted to and then developed friendships with. I don't think I ever met someone, wasn't attracted to them but liked them, became friends with them, and THEN decided they were attractive.

But there have been way more than plenty of the first kind of people/relationships. "Oh well they're not into me so I'll just torture myself by becoming good friends with them in the vain hope they'll eventually smarten up and figure out how awesome I am." I should have realised that generally most people are like me: if the attraction isn't there initially, it usually does not develop over time. Plus most people seem to have this (to my mind very narrow) view that one cannot, ever, date someone who was a friend first because that might "ruin the friendship." These people don't seem to realise that friendships can get ruined by many things and seriously if two people are actually interested in one another, not pursuing that just because it took a while to come to that conclusion is stupid.

Plus (which I always point out) if you're willing to date some stranger but unwilling to date someone you already know and like, what the heck is wrong with you? Isn't most people's idea of a "perfect partner" a best friend who you have really good sex with, to put it simply and perhaps bluntly?

All I know is a lot of my better friends are people who I've previously been sexually involved with and while it might have been awkward initially to go back to being "just friends" we generally got through it.

11. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh that must be really hard for you. :frowning2: I'm sorry! Being friends with someone you have more-than-friend feelings for is extremely difficult. Torture, even.

12. tehnathan

I have a few times and they never knew (except one, but I was petty and threw it in his face).

13. My Names Ashlee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    the bottom half is the same for me. The other one is I had a friend that i dated off and on for about 2 years and now we dont talk at all.

14. justjoshoh

Well considering I was the one that messed the relationship up, I could only blame myself. It is true, in the beginning, I was upset, the process may have even been torturous. I even cried and moped around after he announced his engagement to someone else.

Eventually, I thought about the reasons I was good friends with him anyway and realized it would be silly on my part to jeopardize that as well. Through communication, we were able to reconcile the issues and put them behind us.

So, I try not to dwell on what might have been. We have both taken different paths on our journey in life. I learn everyday from my past actions. Those make me the person I have become today. I strive to be a better person in the future, making better choices today and tomorrow.

My advice, for anyone thinking about entering a relationship with a friend, is to remember that you can still be friends afterward, even in the best and worst case scenarios.