1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret knowledge...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ardelia, May 3, 2013.

1. Ardelia

Ardelia Guest

Since I was 4-5 years old I had a secret, I knew I was attracted to the same sex.
    That made my childhood kind of weird as I was always hiding something.
    Everyone around me asked if I liked a boy from school or something similar.
    I was beyond annoyed, and I mostly felt very alienated even though I had a lot of friends.

I was physically the same as other kids, but mentally I was completely different. I liked reading epics and learning about worlds history, and I knew most things people learn much later in life.
    But most of the time I would keep my mouth shut, so nobody knew what was going through my mind.

I knew people hated homosexuals, and I knew I was one of those people they hated. Having that awareness and being that young was kind of overwhelming. I would look around myself and only see heterosexuals, and only hear people talk about man/woman relationships. I was aware what was the order of this world I was born into, but I couldn't deny my true feelings to try to fit in.

I realized very early (I was about 7 or 8) that one day I'll need to tell my secret to someone, in order to avoid getting married to a guy, or staying forever alone, or just to stop myself from exploding into pieces.:lol:
    What I wanted to ask if I was the only one that had those experiences, or someone else had them too? I hope I'm not that unique...:slight_smile:

#1 Ardelia, May 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2013
  2. Niko

Oooh yes, I've had that experience. Well not in the gay area, but in the trans* area. By the age of 5 I knew something was wrong with my body. It just didn't feel right. I had a happy childhood though because I was able to remain as my tomboy self.

The older I got though, the less I was able to keep this secret hidden. So I actually tried to grow out of it. I forced myself to be a little more girlie during high school, it helped...sort of, only because I was ignoring my true feelings. By college, I had fallen back to my tomboy self. I just couldn't take it anymore. My parents noticed and thought I was being immature and that I really needed to grow up. Well now they know my secret and they have stopped saying that part to say the least. :lol:

As far as being gay...well liking guys just came naturally. I had a major crush on this one boy in the 4th grade. I always thought I was straight though; cause you know, being in a female's body + liking girls = straight, according to society. Starting in Middle School, I always wanted to be a gay man. :lol: Only because during this time I didn't think I could be anything other than a female...even though I didn't and still don't understand girls at all.

So no, you're definitely not alone. :slight_smile:

3. Ardelia

Ardelia Guest

Thank you for your understanding Niko.:slight_smile:
    But there's the one thing I somehow forgot to put in the first post.
    The thing is that I embraced, and very much accepted my sexuality since I was 6-7 years old. That was all done in privacy of my own nutty head of course.:lol:

I've had billion crushes, and kept them all secret, all the time feeling like the worst liar for keeping a ''straight front''(making up a boy crush). I know I was just 6 or 7 years old, but I was very serious and responsible child, and I liked honesty more than anything. Strange kid indeed.:lol:

4. Naren

This, reversed.