1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I2M and I2F and M2I and F2I

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Reptillian, May 4, 2013.

1. Reptillian

Is there's a term made by the transgender community to reflect those terms I made up?

I=Inter

Thus, the set made-up terms is {Inter to male ; Inter to female ; Male to Inter ; Female to Inter}

You get what M and F means. 2 is just a replacement to t.

And why haven't I heard about any one of those? I do know that there is at least 1 of them in a forum I go to which is Inter to Female. (Not mentioning forum because of the rule)

#1 Reptillian, May 4, 2013
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
  2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

What's it supposed to mean? Inter what? Intersexed?

3. Reptillian

Oh wait, ain't bigender is intergender? If so, I guess I have heard of those before, maybe. Yeah, inter can also mean intersexed.

4. curlycats

intersex and intergender are two different things and i'm not sure that bigender can be considered to be the same as intergender.... perhaps it depends on the person you ask and their personal definition of those words.

as for the actual question, i'm not sure. someone who is biologically intersex who has had (by choice or otherwise) their genitalia/hormones "corrected" to either male or female might identify as I2M/I2F, but it seems that more often than not they just identify as M or F. i'm not sure that in terms of sex, M2I or F2I would be common as many doctors would probably outright refuse to perform such a sex change and therapists/endocrinologist/psychiatrists/etc may even find it difficult to officially diagnose/recognize such a condition. on the other hand, i'm sure that there are people who may identify this way regardless.

as for intergender 2 M/F, this probably doesnt exist for the same reason, say, genderqueer 2 M/F doesnt: people usually come from the gender binary to an alternate gender and intergender isn't part of the binary. on the other hand, i'm sure M/F to intergender people do exist, but i think they typically identify simply as intergender, just as people typically identify as genderqueer rather than M/F to genderqueer.

......and on the other hand, in the neutrois community M2N/MtN and F2N/FtN are common terms. some still identify simply as neutrois, though.

5. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are those varieties of rootstock for fruit trees?

6. Naren

More terms. Do not want. Am so confused.