1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBTQ Parenting Experiences

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aielar, May 4, 2013.

1. Aielar

So, as part of my university course, one of our assignments is to research and present a family that is different than the one we grew up in (young parents, biracial parents, etc) and the topic I chose was lgbtq parents. I've got some books on hand, but there's not much better than first hand experience and stories from those who are, or have, raising/raised their children in a same sex relationship or as a transgender parent. So, I figured why not post on here and get experiences of real people (not just from a book) who have had these experiences. I'm not just looking for two parent perspective here, either, as the challenges of raising a child or children alone as a gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender person can be very different.

I'm not going to attach names (screen or otherwise) to this, and if anyone wants their stories left out of the presentation, I will respect that wish. When I present it, it will be to a group of eight-nine people and then I'll be submitting it for marks to my instructor. Thanks for your time, and I'm hoping I'm not violating any rules by posting this - if so, my apologies and I'll gladly remove it.