1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it a coincidence?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bulletproof, May 4, 2013.

1. Bulletproof

Bulletproof Guest

So, I recently thought about this.. Can our orientation come from one parent?

Because I, personally, am more like my father. We like the same food : we both prefer juice when we eat and only like milk with sweet food, we both love mushrooms, sea food, etc.., we like cars (I am not a tomboy though) and we have a big sense of humor. And we like girls (he does not know about that last thing..).

My sister is more like my mother. They both looooove milk, they do not care about cars, they hate mushrooms, they always talk about serious stuff (I never do, since I am not a serious person psychologically), they do not have a big sens of humor.. and they both like guys.

Is it just a coincidence, or can our orientation possibly come from one parent, as a preference like food,cars,etc..? I am not looking for any advice here, I just thought I should share this with you and I am curious about what you think about it! :slight_smile:

I am sorry if a similar subject has already been post and if my english sucks :thumbsup: because I am a french canadian and I am not bilingual! (!)

#1 Bulletproof, May 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2013
  2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The most promising explanation at the moment for sexuality (and possible gender identity?) comes from epigenetics. We're certainly not convinced that there exists a single gene that causes our offspring to express exclusive or partial same-sex sexual desire.

3. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What he said. So, sexuality most likely comes from a combination of the genes passed down from both parents.

4. Naren

I must be like your mother, I hate mushrooms. I'm not sure that works what you're saying.