1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toys

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by greatwhale, May 5, 2013.

1. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Greetings folks,

No, I'm not going to talk about those kinds of toys....:eusa_naug

During the present time of upheaval in my family with the divorce, etc., I've come across some of the kid's old toys and it is quite difficult to decide what to do with them. They are certainly no longer played with...

I once watched an episode of Queer as Folk and one of the main characters stated that he always loved his Easy-Bake Oven, and his other regular friends remarked that they too loved that particular toy.

It got me thinking about the toys I used to play with in my youth. My favourite was a battery powered "Billy Blastoff" set that included an astronaut and his vehicles. But I was always intrigued by the Easy-Bake Oven...sigh, even then I wouldn't allow myself to ask for such things...

So...I'd like to know what were your favourite toys: those you had the fortune to play with and those you would have liked to have...and if you could, what would you do to get that toy back?

2. Cotillion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh reeeaaaally, now?

...ahem. Sorry. Had to.

I don't really remember playing with toys overmuch. I mean, I had, like plenty of Legos and Knex that I played with, but I can't think of anything else in particular, aside from various video game systems (holy crap I miss my N64). I'm sure I had more that I actually did play with, especially when I was a lot younger (early elementary school-ish), but no idea what they were. D:

3. Hefiel

I didn't really have many toys besides a small bucket of LEGOs. I did spent my fair share of time on the NES, N64 and on a PC (Windows 95-98 for the win!) when I was young (under 10 years old), but that was it.

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :roflmao: oh, the power of the subconscious!

5. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It wasn't the greatest toy, but I still would love to get my hands back on one: Vac-Man, the nemesis of Stretch Armstrong!
    Oh, and the Vac-Man Factory! You made your own little stretchy bad guys!
    [​IMG]

Other than that? Every. Single. Ghostbusters. Action figure there was. Oh, my God! I'd sell you all to have them all back!
    [​IMG]
    I'd sell you all RIGHT now! :badgrin:

6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I heard just today someone on the radio talking about these new "emulators" that try to recreate the experience of these old games on old computers.

He said the better ones come with the sound effects of the floppy disk whirring and have the trackballs or joysticks (no, I am NOT talking about those trackballs and joysticks!)

7. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My creepy creepy crawler

8. Hiems

I didn't really grow up with toys like action figures, toy cars, etc. The only ones I got were the ones from kids meals at fast food chains.

Also, I don't know if these fall in the category of toys, but I used to collect Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I'd even bring them to elementary school to play with my friends.

As a kid, I was more into video games, like Sega Dreamcast, PS1, Neo Geo Pocket, and Game Boy Advance. Nowadays, I don't play video games, so I don't have a desire to want them back. The experiences were fun while they lasted :slight_smile:

9. HeyAshley

i was obsessed with legos. i probably have indentions on the bottom of my feet from stepping on so many as a kid.

10. Hefiel

Those emulators have been around for ages. :wink:

11. Ticklish Fish

12. vyvance

Legos, lincoln logs, wooden trainset, and NES. I mostly liked toys I could build and create with.

13. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hot wheels, Ninja Turtle stuff, Power Ranger stuff, Pokemon stuff, He-man stuff, stuff animals, and I had a PS1. My most prized toy was a stuff Donatello plushie that this very nice lady gave to me at a flea market because I was crying due to my parents not buying me a rabbit.

I also was quite fond of my mother's old tea set. I know, I played tea party as a kid, how gay of me. lol

14. Femmeme

I had a collection of Masters of the Universe toys that I adored, those the Ewok Village and My Little Ponies were my favorites. I wish I still had those.

15. NeatlyOrganized

I had a red ranger Power Rangers doll which was my absolute favorite, along with a bugs bunny doll which came a close second. I collected Hot Wheels, and Match Box cars along with Batman action figures, Pokemon anything, and sports cards. I wouldn't do anything to get any of it back, live in the moment.

16. Aielar

My lego collection was my favorite toy as I was growing up. It got taken away when I was thirteen (unvoluntarily on my part) because my mom didn't think it was normal for a thirteen year old girl to still be playing with lego instead of talking on the phone constantly. Sigh. I kind of wish I still had it so I could pass it on to my children some day. Anyways.

17. NeatlyOrganized

Legos holy crap how could I forget about legos I probably have had and list 10million + legos.

18. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I started to play with real cars pretty soon, since we live next to a garage (where I work now). But before that there was a plastic towtruck that I particulary liked.

But I'm not like my boyfriend who still has his cuddly bunny that he got from an aunt as a toddler. It doesn't look remotely like the original thing anymore but he still sleeps with it....

19. Naren

You got my hopes up. :frowning2:

20. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Matchbox cars. I built model cars too. Never Barbies & those Gi Joe figures w/parachutes.

#20 Rose27, May 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2013