1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you define...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BornInTexas, May 5, 2013.

1. BornInTexas

shoving sexuality down someone's throat...? Besides the obvious innuendo, what is "shoving someone's sexuality down the other person's throat?" I hear it from straight people all the time talking about how gay people are cool, but IF THEY HIT ON THEM, THEY'LL PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE...or IT'S OKAY TO BE GAY, BUT JUST DON'T SHOVE IT DOWN MY THROAT!

How do you shove your sexuality down someone's throat? This might seem really stupid, but I'm curious. This was never explained to me at all ever before. :confused:

2. Ticklish Fish

>_> hold on, if those straight guys are straight, it's a waste of time to hit on them anyways.
    I call that close-minded or ignorant or something.

IDK. I just raised both eyebrows reading this. xD

3. Hefiel

Basically, the sole mention of your sexuality to someone who doesn't want to hear it is "shoving it down people's throat", because they're all over-reacting pricks. It should be noted that it is perfectly fine however, for them to speak of their sexuality. Because people are hypocrites. :grin:

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

To people like that, it seems that anything that indicates our sexuality is shoving it down their throat, including commenting on whom we find attractive, holding our partners' hands, or just mentioning having a same-sex partner.

If I can be totally honest, I think the idea of "shoving" one's sexuality down someone's throat is an idiotic concept used by idiotic people and isn't worth serious consideration beyond considering those who say it to be idiotic.

Spot on. Basically, we're shoving it down their throats when we talk about our sexuality the same way they talk about theirs.

5. Cotillion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For people like this, you "shove it down [their] throat" by doing or saying anything that makes it even slightly apparent that you're gay at all. Really, that kind of shit is just a different way of approaching the "don't ask, don't tell" mindset. Let's all just pretend that no one around us is gay, and so obviously gays don't exist and we don't need to acknowledge them or anything about them ever, and if someone happens to actually be gay we can just tell them to shut up over and over again until they just pretend to be straight and we can go back to our happy hetero world.

It's homophobia dressed up in nonconfrontational condescension, with a mix of "plausible deniability" (no no no, it's TOTALLY okay that you're gay (so long as no one knows about it, you know))and people who pull that need to be punched in the gonads; if you're going to be a discriminatory wank, at least have the decency to be forthright about it, so we can all point and laugh at your ass-backwards stupidity.

EDIT: Aaaand like five people said that already while I was rewording things. Oh well.

#5 Cotillion, May 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 5, 2013
  6. Hefiel

There's probably some Freudian-thing going on with people using that "shoving your sexuality down people's throat" expression. Much like homophobic individuals have a higher chance of being gay.

7. I would define shoving someone's sexuality down you throat by

1. Making programs to try to change someone sexuality
    2. Denying someone the right to marry because of their different sexuality
    3. Kicking your child out of your house due to them having different sexuality
    4. Hurting someone because of their different sexuality
    5. Telling people they must convert their sexuality or burn in Hell

If anyone is shoving their sexuality down people's throats. It's not gay people.

8. HeyAshley

if you know someone is straight, don't hit on them or talk about things that they can't relate to constantly.

9. BornInTexas

I was thinking that earlier today, actually.

10. 4ever Hearth

I love this! :eusa_clap