1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When is a crush being returned and when is it wishful thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ReyJ, May 6, 2013.

1. ReyJ

First of all, I'm very sorry if this is in the wrong place! I'll start with the specific example before asking the general questions (I sound all official xD).

This guy is in the school year below me, and is literally the most gorgeous person I have ever seen! Thing is, he keeps pinging my 'gaydar' - and not just once or twice, but everything he does just strikes me as gay. In the past month, in the school assemblies we have 4 days a week, we keep catching the other's eye and he seems to hold eye contact just a fraction of a second too long (of course I suppose I must be doing the same too !), and then one minute later we'll catch eyes again. I regularly catch him looking at me, and whenever we pass in the corridors he looks at me quickly and his body seems to turn towards mine, like he is forcing himself past (picking up body language is kind of my sixth sense and my mum has used me as a lie detector with my sisters numerous times.) My sense is obviously clouded by my blatant attraction to him, but these things happen too often for them to be coincidence, I just need to figure out if he does them out of attraction or something else- suggestions anyone?

Now, more generally, what do you consider as signs of attraction? Have you ever had a crush that you then found out liked you too? Have you ever had an experience similar to the above, and what did you do?

Thanks for any replies and have a (*hug*) from me- the overly-wishful guy from England!

2. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

Well the whole mimicking behavior thing is considered a sign, as well as pupil dilation. More obviously blushing, erections, excetera. Sorry for the small amount of info, but he sounds attracted fairly well.

3. June Cleaver

Yes, my current partner. It took 4+ years for it to come out! How stupid I waited so long out of fear! I wasted 4 years+ when I should have said something, because I could not get over him! June

4. ReyJ

Thanks! Apparently eyebrows going up is another one according to friends of mine- the natural reactions the human body has to things are amazing aren't they?

5. KingdomKeyDK

well if they flirt back, which I recognize easily, they definitely like you back. At least that's how it works for me.

6. QueerQueen

Might sound weird, but I always get these vibes from people and that is how I sort of tell if they're interested. I'm a very, very observant person though, probably part of being a Scorpio, so before I take action and swoop in for someone unattainable, I sort of calculate my chances. Body language does seem like a sure way of knowing, I think if someone stands next to you, I mean closer than you would expect is a good sign, touches as well; brushing arms or legs. Sitting right next to you on a couch that has room for a third person. Oh and flirting, flirting is an easy way of knowing, depending on whether they flirt back with you or not. I do think there is a good chance that this guy likes you though :icon_bigg