1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surprised at how fast I've come out.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aussie792, May 6, 2013.

1. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi guys, so, in the past fortnight, I've told five friends (everyone's been fine with it), and I feel somewhat happy about it. But I feel really amazed at how, without really expecting to, I'm out to my closest 7 friends, whom I came out to almost compulsively, feel somewhat comfortable talking about being gay (still in hushed tones in quiet corners), and I wondered; did anyone else come out way faster than they expected too?

2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd just like to say congrats that all of your friends have been very accepting! I was outed by some girl at my school who talked to one of my friends and he let it slip. I'm not mad at him, but for a day or so I felt super stressed, but then I realized that there was no turning back and came out to my entire school. It was probably one of the tougher things I have had to do in my life, but it has been so rewarding, seeing how many accepting people I'm surrounded by. So I did come out faster than I had expected or wanted to, but I wouldn't go back and change that because of how well the reception was. Good luck to you in the future as well :grin:

3. Ticklish Fish

congratulations!!

i'm still in closet

4. I'm surprised I came out at all.