1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personal maintenance.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Polaroid1996, May 7, 2013.

1. Polaroid1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know their is a stereotype that all gay people love the gym, working out and eating healthy and I wanted to see just how true this presumption is. So what is it that you do to keep "fit" and healthy.
    :thewave:

2. falsereading

falsereading Guest

Not very true for me, never been to a gym in my life, never had a fake tan, never shopped in fancy clothes shops, have worlds worst fashion sense and have been known to have pizza for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Form an orderly queue for this little catch gents...

3. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Never seen a gym on the inside.
    I do eat healthy though, but that is not my doing. I still live at home. But I suppose when I leave home I'll be living with my boyfriend and he is into healthy food (and keeping his body in good shape), so not much chance to slip into bad habits, I suppose.

4. Pain

Pain Guest

I go to a rec center to run and use a rowing machine. I try to stay generally healthy, but I am, by no means, muscular.

5. HeyAshley

i go to the gym about 3 times a week, i have a pretty fast metabolism so that helps. i don't make a point to eat healthy but i make a point to not eat fast food multiple times a week.

as far as the "gays are in shape" perception - if i remember correctly in high school all of the gay guys were overweight. but maybe that's just in my neck of the woods.

6. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Only recently have I started to workout and exercise, as for healthy eating I could do better. My reason for wanting to be fit is to feel good about myself and look good. :lol:

7. Sabinian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anecdotally, I don't think the health profile of the gays I know differs significantly from the straight people I know.

That said, I think being gay will encourage me to improve my health. I haven't had any sodas or sugary juice drinks since coming out a couple weeks ago. I've generally been eating more healthily and have started to hit the gym more regularly.

The thing is, now I feel a real incentive to get in shape so as to attract more better looking boys. When I was repressing my sexuality, I just needed the girls I hooked up with/dated to be passable enough that I wasn't embarassed to be seen with them. That never gave me much reason to improve my generally lackluster health habits. I'm really hoping to keep this newfound attentiveness to health/fitness going long-term.

8. kem

kem

I'm a vegan and I eat healthy, most of the time. I try to run daily and work out a little. I'm not fit (skinny+fat) but I try to maintain my physique.