1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook friending strangers...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Akatosh, May 7, 2013.

1. Akatosh

I've been surfing (wasting time) Facebook this morning, and hella creepin people's friends, friends of friends, friends of strangers, strangers of friends, etc. I'm mainly wasting time bc I don't want to get out of bed.

I have come across a couple guys who go to my uni who I think are gay (they're also pretty hot). Is it against some norm to friend strangers strictly based off their apparent sexuality and level of attractiveness? Does this EVER work it's way into a date? Since my chances of encountering these exact people in a setting where we'd meet is very minimal, doesn't it make sense to 'give it a shot'? I tried getting a sense of how I'd feel if someone flatteringly added me out of the blue, but since I know the response I'd be hoping for, it seems to add much bias. It boils down to two key points: #1 lightened impact from rejection #2 increased opportunity in meeting someone. ((#3 some guys fb profs are more telling of their sexuality than experiencing them in person, and therefore it's easier to know if they're gay or not))

There's a cute guy I want to add/poke on fb, and I'm hovering on the idea. I'm over dating sites and apps. I don't care what anyone says, I've only encountered clingy (highly insecure with abandonment issues), horny people on those things.

2. Harve

Yes, yes it's not normal etiquette.

But different folks, different strokes and all that. If a stranger befriends me, I'll still accept as long as we have a fair few mutual friends.