1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nirvana, May 7, 2013.

1. Nirvana

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Does anybody here know what Roleplaying is at all?
    Just curious.(!)

2. Niko

I do.
    I still roleplay at times with a friend. It's fun and a great escape, at least for me.

#2 Niko, May 7, 2013
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
  3. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Used to do it all the time. Gets addicting. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: My ex and I still rp, since we're both writers with characters to develop.

4. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love RPing! I'm really creative so I'm good at it. I love to start random RP banters with friends. :slight_smile:

5. Minamimoto_Fan

I used to RP a lot back when I was younger.

I would usually do a hero that tried to be ideal, but couldn't escape something he did in the past.

Looking back at some of the stuff I did, I keep noting all of my errors in grammar and how undeveloped my characters were. Then again, I think most people when they stat out, have Mary-Sue characters.

6. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Roleplaying is when you develop a character for a setting and do pretend events with other players. Think of it sort of like a written D&D without a dungeon master telling everyone what's happening around them. Everyone in the RP takes turns narrating what is happening to their character and interacting with one another. Typically it is best to have a well thought out backstory and to be balanced for what you are doing. Most people do not like interacting with a "mary sue" (very generic character) or a Superman (someone with way too much power) like character as it tends to ruin the experience for others. Another newbie taboo is narrating what happens to others like how they are injured or what they are feeling. I personally have a MLP earth pony that I roleplay with on a Brony website. :3

7. Zmajcek

Zmajcek Guest

I've played D&D in the past as a player and I would love to try it as a Game Master.

...unless by roleplaying you mean in bed xD

8. BornInTexas

I used to SWRP (Star Wars Roleplay) on a different forum I won't share. It was great fun from '06 - '10. Now I just LARP with my brother. I'm the Dark Lord and he is the Jedi Master, and we just duel it out in the front yard with our snuggies as outer tunics. xD

9. Dufflepud

I'm an avid RPer, and I'm actually a staff member at a forum that has about 30 or so active members currently. Our site's been going strong for at least a decade now, although I've only been there for three years. It's a Halo RP, so I'm not sure how many of you guys would be into to that kind of thing (sci-fi/combat).

10. Nirvana

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Wow, I just realized I got all these replies, aha. Well, I was just wondering, because I absolutely love to do it.

11. confeshhhions

I love RPing! In any way, it's a great escape and creative way to have fun with friends.

12. UndercoverGypsy

Wait, the sexual kind, or the LARPy kind? LARPing always seemed interesting, but I'm not sure I want to add another reason for people to make fun of me...

Edit: Okay, from the other responses, I can tell that it's the LARPy kind...

---------- Post added 12th May 2013 at 02:58 PM ----------

Is it the one that makes the terrifying "DING DONG" sound every ten seconds? Sorry, I googled, I was curious.

13. Hefiel

Initially, I thought OP was referring to RP with regards to sex. Your post made me imagine a couple rolling dices for any actions taken during the intercourse, and I just literally burst out laughing. :roflmao:

14. UndercoverGypsy

You don't get to laugh - it's a real thing.

[​IMG]

15. Hefiel

That wasn't what I was imagining. D&D dice rolling implies dices like these :
    [​IMG]

and rolling over or under a specific number implies the success or failure of an action taken. For example, there's a chest with a trap, you roll the dice to see if you can disable the trap or if it will blow in your face. Now apply this to sex, and you've got a general idea of what I was imagining.