1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay God/Matthew Lush

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Connor, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Connor

Connor Guest

I searched and found a topic on him before, but I want to have your opinion on him.

In case you didn't know, Gay God is a YouTube/MySpace personality who is gay (obviously) and a vegan. I'd have absolutely no problem with him had I not read the following on his MySpace page:

"Okay first off, I'm a vegan and I only date vegans/vegetarians. If you’re not a vegetarian, you’re stuck in the past."

It's just so stupid. It defies words. I like meat, it's my choice. I don't see how I'm stuck in the past because of it. It gets on my nerves, a lot, so give me your views. :slight_smile:

Full text located here: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=8704219

Also, he only dates vegans/vegetarians. Which is fine, but let's look at this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JANxeJI07Zo&feature=user

He's simply irritating. He acts like all meat is fast food. Also, vegetarians which do not keep up without some kind of supplement to replace meat will become unhealthy. So no they don't live longer lives without intervention. I think I'll make a video saying why I want to date a meat-eater?

#1 Connor, Apr 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2008
  2. Ty

Ty Guest

On his myspace he posted something about 'eating babies like those sick chinese fucks do'

Hmm.. he seems like a nice chap!

3. total mo

total mo Guest

Mathew lush is taking the hating non-vegans to a whole new level.

4. Grof142007

hey i love Matthew Lush from what i remember when i worship him (not anymore) vegan and vegetarians are 2 totally different things. i mean he doesnt hate people who eat meat he just wish they didnt. and yes he dont got anyone non vegan for that he be really lonely knowing he has like 1% of the population that gay out and vegan.

5. Tim

Tim

He annoys me too ~.~ He's a bit too smug and arrogant in my opinion :3

6. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm, i guess i should stay quiet about finding him cute? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. total mo

total mo Guest

That's what happens when people think they're too famous. Personally, I dont like most of the myspace celebrities coz most of them are too arrogant, although some talk back.

8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haven't watched the video in question--am taking your collective word on it that he's arrogant and annoying. Know of him, though. I think I've seen some of his stuff. *shudder*

Anyway, though... with respects to vegans and vegetarians: I've been a vegetarian for 12 years and my friend's been vegan that long and I'm pretty sure there's nothing you can get from meat that you can't get from non-meat, except maybe... I think it's B12 and I think you only need a fraction of a fraction of it and could probably live your entire life without suffering from its lack. I take a multivitamin but my vegan friend doesn't take any supplements--he just eats healthy. He's probably healthier than me but we're both pretty healthy guys.

In case anyone wanted to know the quickest way to annoy a vegetarian or vegan, make SURE you ask them how they get enough protein in their diets. *sigh* Seriously, there seems to be this notion that somehow meat is the only source of protein out there and that therefore all vegetarians and vegans are spindly, pale, unhealthy, undernourished people and honest, if you saw my friend and me, you'd never think we were lacking from food. In fact I'd like to lose about 10 lbs myself. :slight_smile: There is usually some form of protein in everything we eat and non-meat eaters get their protein from: eggs and dairy (if they're ovo-lacto vegetarians), tofu, legumes, and vegetables. So yeah, the only non-meat eaters who have to worry about not getting "enough protein" are the ones who eat really really crappy.

Anyway, I do sorta sympathise with the desire to date only other vegetarians/vegans... not for the superiority complex reason but more because if you're vegetarian or vegan, being around people eating meat is kinda icky and if you had to cook or be around meat cooking, it would be kinda unpleasant. Kinda like a lot of non-smokers don't want to date smokers.

That being said, my last boyfriend of 1.5 years ate meat and we got on fine... we didn't do a lot of cooking together so it wasn't a problem. He'd just order meat stuff when we ate out and I would order veggie stuff. Happily he wasn't one of these people who seem convinced they just HAVE to have meat at every meal or at least once every single day--now that mindset I find obnoxious. :slight_smile:

9. Quitex

Quitex Guest

He is hot, but stupid.
    REALLY stupid.

Edit: What Joey said is ok, but I think that the 10 reasons he gave are stupid. If he'd give Joey's reasons well, I'd agree. *cheers*

#9 Quitex, Apr 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2008
  10. Bader

Bader Guest

hehe ya in my opinion too

11. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

What an idiot. He protests people for hating on gays yet he's hating on another group of people himself.

12. Orion

He only brings hatred on him. At first I just ignored him, but to attack people that eat meat, that's just moronical. It's not just that he says he doesn't like it and period. He actually says that we don't take good care of ourselves? and our bodies?
    I'm not going to point out any research taht proves or disproves any point.

All I'm going to say is that I have a natural craving for meat. It's normal that I have meat and I much prefer to eat it. I won't go insane.. but still. Anyway in the same way I wouldn't date a smoker he wouldn't date a meat eater, but still, I don't publish it everywhere, and I just wouldn't do it beacuse I don't like the habit. End of story.

Hatred is wrooong, he gives a bad image to vegetarians and gays!

13. CrimsonThunder

I eat meat because it has iron in it and it makes my muscles grow. Oh and it tastes nice. I don't care what other people say.

14. Absolutely true. I need iron pills to get by because I don't get it from meat. Idk his view on this is kind of...uneducated I guess is the best word. I don't really like him anyway and this doesn't do much to help it haha.

15. CrimsonThunder

Certain vegetables are a suitable substitute for meat.

16. Alexander

:bang:

17. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't like him much; not only does he bring most of the hate on himself, he's the smug, femmy, rainbows-and-fairies type of gay guy that are partially responsible for half the stereotypes that get tossed at me all the time. I thank people like him and Sledd every time someone says to me, "But you're gay, why don't you like makeup?".

18. CrimsonThunder

No, apples just wont cut it sorry. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. dictionary

What an arogent cock ... Calling himself a god...

20. CrimsonThunder

Its only his nickname... Like you calling yourself dictionary.