1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bodyweight exercises?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Caudex, May 8, 2013.

1. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I need to get stronger. This is not to get "ripped" or anything, but for cross country and track next year--right now my 100m dash is around 18 seconds (I run the 1600m and 3200m), and I need it to be at most 15 seconds. Also, we run shirtless a lot in cross country, so while I don't need well-defined muscles and abs, I want my arms and chest to be at least slightly muscular-looking. My strategy has until now revolved around being as skinny as possible and I just realized that doesn't work that well.

Here's what I'm doing now for my afternoon workout (after track practice). I do this every day, I've been doing similar stuff for a month and I'm starting to feel stronger. My vertical jump is only 6 inches.
    20 knee pushups
    10 unweighted squats
    3 aided chin-ups (using an elastic band that takes about 10 lbs of the force)
    3 aided pull-ups
    3 aided "side-ups" (in between the chinup and pullup position)
    2 minute plank
    25 situps (full ones)
    20 jump squats
    20 squats at 20 lbs
    50 benches of 20 lbs (the reason I only use 20 lbs is because that's the weight of the iron bar we have lying around the house)

My goal for the beginning of August is to be able to do the following (with a 20 minute break between each exercise):
    50 pushups
    5 100 lbs squats or 200 squats no breaks.
    5 unaided each of chin-ups, pull-ups, and side-ups.
    5 minute plank
    100 situps no stopping (this is the easiest goal)
    15 inch vertical jump
    Bench 100 lbs

I weight 120 lbs. If I ramp up accordingly (when I can do 30 knee pushups, move to 5 regular pushups, when I can do 10 aided pullups, move to 2 regular, etc.), do you think I can get all of these goals by the end of summer?
    Thanks!

2. DanD

I don't have any weights at all, I wish I had. The workout I do, apart from a heck of a lot of cycling, is this 15 minute workout

Best of luck for everything