1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Over

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by allyp0428, May 9, 2013.

1. allyp0428

Being called fag hurts. It's everyday. I get bullied constantly. It's stupid. I'm done. With everything. With life.

#1 allyp0428, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Certainly there are redeeming qualities to life that are good enough to counteract being called "fag". What is it about that word that hurts you so much? Their intention? If so, screw them. You shouldn't worry too much about the opinions of simpletons.

Now if it's actual bullying to the point of harassment, I wouldn't expect you to turn the other cheek to that. Get help from somebody who can get your bullies under control.

3. allyp0428

It's just offensive. They don't get it. I can't take it. I can't take having no one to talk to about anything.

4. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree it is offensive, and they probably don't get it. You can make it thru, though. Be strong. You can always talk to us here, and as for contacts in RL, I presume you are still in school. You can normally reach out to a trusted teacher, or guidance councelor.

5. allyp0428

Teachers do absolutely nothing,

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well there's only so much us faraway internet people can do about your bullying problem. But we can talk to you about absolutely anything. Some people on the other end are lonely too and would leap at the chance to listen to you. So at the very least, I hope you don't feel alone. (*hug*)

7. allyp0428

But I do feel alone. All the time.

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well then instead of addressing any old person with threads like this, try making some good friends on here who know you better. Once you apply for full membership, you can PM with me if you'd like, and until then we can post wall messages. I wouldn't think of it as a cop-out either, because the closest friends I've ever had have been over the internet.

9. Aldrick

Ally as someone who was bullied horribly in school I know how much it sucks, and how isolating things can get. However, as bad as things seem right now all of it is temporary. Some of the worst bullies that I faced in school... honestly, if you could see them today, lol.

Trust me, in most cases people like that get whats coming to them. Living the best you can is the best revenge against people like that, especially when a decade after high school you find out they're addicted to meth and have been in and out of prison. It's difficult not to feel a little tinge of schadenfreude.

The best advice I can give you is not take ownership of their hate. Every time you allow yourself to become offended or hurt by something they say or do you're giving them power. You have the ability to strip them of the power to emotionally hurt you. You do that by looking in the mirror and realizing that you're a valuable person that DESERVES respect. And when you don't get what you deserve, that's when you bide your time and endure what you must until you are in a position where they are at your mercy or they can't touch you.

If you don't mind me asking, Ally how old are you, and what state / country do you live in? Don't give your -EXACT- location. I'm only asking to see if I can find some resources for you in your state.

If you ever feel like you're going to harm yourself I recommend that you call 1-866-488-7386. That's the number to the Trevor Project suicide prevention hotline. You can also visit their website as they also have a chat room there. Depending on where you live there may be some resources in your area. Are you out to your school? Does it have a Gay Straight Alliance?

10. Convoy

Just get there, get though school and you'll find the real world is a different place. There are people out there, communities and places to go. Your not alone in what your facing, and you'll definitely be able to find other LGBT and positive people to be in your life.

11. Sabinian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Obviously, getting a teacher or guidance counselor's help and/or advice is a very good idea.

That being said, It will make you feel better to remember who you are. Being hurt and being lonely are temporary. Things WILL get better. There are positive aspects of your character that will never change. Think about all of the ways you are better than the bullies. You are smarter, fairer, kinder. Ultimately those qualities are going help you out big time in a way that their bulls*** braggadocio never will.

It isn't fair that you are being bullied. It's hard, and it hurts, and you don't deserve it, but it'll feel better if you keep reminded yourself that you are right and they are wrong. Listening to Pink's "Raise your Glass" or T-Swift's "Mean" on repeat a few times probably wouldn't hurt either. ;-)

12. HeyAshley

once you get through school it's like a whole different world out there. even in college, people are way more accepting. well, maybe "more accepting" isn't the right word....but there's like clubs, groups, organizations, etc. that you can join & be surrounded with people just like you. then you won't have to deal with that nonsense constantly.

13. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Remember bullies are just jealous because they're stupid and insecure and their lives are worthless, so they need to drag others down to make themselves feel better about themselves. Seriously, most people out there are morons. Don't take seriously anything morons have to say. When they call you "fag", just think of it as the mooing of a fat cow. You are way better and more important than they will ever be.

14. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, you're not done with life. You're going to keep fighting. The reason why you're going to keep fighting is that other queers need you.

I was called faggot and queer too. And it hurt. But I learned to deal with that, and I'm stronger than they will ever be.

You will be stronger than your abusers ever will be.

15. BlueBear

I think I can relate I went to an all-black grade school during Matins Luther king’s murder and the Detroit riots. I didn’t just have to deal with being hated I also was in fear for my life. I got through it by chopping my life into parts and never letting them touch. Outside of school that place didn’t exist inside I just did the best I could. The worst part was finding out going there was completely unnecessary and may be an option for you. In my case when I went onto Jr High it started a grade higher so for one year I went to different grade school where I was accepted and could have gone to from the beginning. Have you considered changing schools? You mention teacher's so I expect we are talking school.

Whatever you do don't give into they are right. Sadly you may meet the same bullies on the job which are people who are insecure.

#15 BlueBear, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013