1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to meet people in the community ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rocketgirl1, May 9, 2013.

1. rocketgirl1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've finally accepted who I am, only problem I'm having is getting out meeting people. I'm in college and I have been to our lgbt group and it was not for me, and my college is in a small town. Are there any websites that are good for meeting people in my area. And I'm not a bar or club person any tips would help.

2. Vladik

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I asked this question earlier, and no one responded lol. I also would like to meet people in my community, and I'm not going to a bar or club alone.

I know absolutely no one that is gay or bi. It's very sad and lonely !

3. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

How about a local LGBT center? Not that I've had great success in meeting people at mine...

4. Vladik

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't think I have one around me... I believe I searched online and couldn't find one, I'll take another look just to make sure. Thanks for the idea!

5. ganley

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've recently moved to a bigger city & I'm not game enough to just go "hang" in gay bars or anything cos honestly they aren't my scene either I have found a local group in Facebook thou & I've gone out to a breakfast with them & it was really nice. I went to the CBD for a rally one day for gay marriage & I had the greatest fun & started making friends but I had to leave (my brother was in a car accident) & I haven't been able to go to another one as yet.

6. evora

It's a very good question. How do you meet LGBT people especially if you don't have any LGBT centres, bars, communities, etc. anywhere near you?:dry::confused: