1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My ex-Wal-Mart job is haunting my dreams...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sme, May 10, 2013.

1. sme

sme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know why I'm wondering this... Has anyone that worked customer service dreamed of their horrible experiences?
    I used to work as a cashier at our local Wal-Mart... It was sometimes a great job, but a lot of the time, a HORRIBLE job..
    I dreamed that there was a horrifying coupon lady, that was complaining about something that didn't ring up right two weeks ago... aaaand there was someone at the same time trying to ask me if I could check and see if there was more almonds or something in the back... AAAAND some idiot had just thrown heavy things on the conveyor belt (kitty litter, horse/chicken feed... that shit is HEAVY)
    Funniest thing, that wouldn't be so unrealistic.
    People just don't understand how stores actually work do they?
    Anyone else have frustrating dreams or experiences in customer service?

2. theMaverick

Yes. I worked in a call center for 3 years and when a call would come in there was a very distinctive BEEEEEEEEP.

For years, I would have a dream and would hear that damn beep in my dreams.

3. prism

I worked in customer service at a Chinese herbs and vitamins store. Every day people would get descriptive calls about people's fungi, parasites, and STDs. It haunts my daydreams and makes me second guess touching people.

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Same here Lol I worked in a Call Center & dreamed about taking calls :slight_smile:

5. santaberry

My first job (only lasted a month) was in the wal-mart bakery here and I had nightmares where I heard the oven timers going off. Not even full on nightmares just... hearing those timers and waking up freaking out.

6. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

It's the retail curse. I've worked customer service for 3 years now and I'll occasionally have dreams of the horrific mutant species known as "the regulars."

7. sme

sme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some of the regulars are pretty cool, but dear Lord! Some are TERRIBLE. There was a lady named Mrs. Nelson that made ALL the cashiers cry... Except me. I just smiled at her, and told her to have a wonderful day...
    There was also a really old guy that would come in and hit on me all the time... *shudders* sooo glad I'm not working there anymore..

8. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never worked retail. But at a local grocery store, the cashiers are asking all day long if the customer uses the reward card, and I've asked a couple of cashiers whom I know somewhat well (for the situation) if they ever wake up, and find themselves mumbling that question. They laugh, and say no, although apparently they have had dreams about various incidents that take place in the store.

9. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thought for the day, if you manually milked cows all day, what would you do in your dreams? :slight_smile:

10. Jared

My parents have a small farm feed business in addition to our farm and when I'm home I usually end up dealing with the customers. OMG some people.

I've had people yell at me for the price of hay. Um, I'm sorry I don't control the weather or the price of gas(the main factors in the price of hay) and besides we need to make money here.

I've tell me I'm a conceited asshole for simply telling them they're total. "I'm not a :***: idiot, I can figure it out myself." - One annoying customer from a few years ago. Excuse me for trying to be helpful.

"Can I write you a bad check?" Um, no.

Coming back after school one day, drive by the barn where the hay and see a lady loading hay into her truck. Stop help her/collect money, she says "Oh I didn't think anyone would be here so I didn't bring any money."

I had knee surgery last summer and was on crutches for a while. While wauting for a customer to finish loading, he says "Are you going to help or just sit there on your ass?" Um, did you not notice the heavily bandaged leg or the crutches?

11. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    :icon_bigg