1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you know if your crush likes you back?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by somegirl, May 10, 2013.

1. somegirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ok, so I've had this crush on a girl for like 5 months? I kinda got into a lengthy post about loving her, but I don't want to say I do, because it will hurt me more. So she's just a crush. I've been looking online at websites about how to know if your crush likes you back etc. I'll just get into the reasons why I am questioning whether she likes me back.

When we get changed for PE I sometimes see her glancing over at me. In lessons I will look up and she'll be looking at me (occasionally). Other times she will catch me looking at her and she'll just look away. She also has done the "turning around slyly" thing and briefly looks at me. She has offered to do so much more than other people have. For example, I needed help with some homework, and didn't have my books or textbook or a pen. She went to her locker got her textbook, and some paper and a pen and sat with me for like 30 minutes to help. None of my other friends would do that. She offers to do this quite a lot. When she talks to me, she looks directly into my eyes and nowhere else. If I'm upset, she'll always sit by me and won't leave. Or if I need to go somewhere she will always offer to take me or come with me. We were just texting each other and I mentioned a guy. She said oh who's this then? I go why are you jealous??:wink: She said no I have loads of guys who want to go out with me:wink: I said aw so there is a lover boy? She said well no not a lover boy exactly.. I go come on you can tell me, it's me, and she didn't reply://

I dunno maybe I'm just like over analysing stuff and hoping I am seeing these things as signs. How do I know for sure?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Simple answer? You don't. Nobody ever knows for sure unless they say "I like you" or something silly like that. You just have to summon up the courage to make the first move.

If that sounds too terrifying to you, take my word for it on this: in the event that she says no, you will at least enjoy closure in knowing that she doesn't want you, which allows you to write her off and move on. But if you never ask to begin with, you will play "what if?" all your life and that regret will take FOREVER to quit bugging you. No pain is worse than the chance not taken. :slight_smile:

3. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    WoW! this post makes me think of my experience last month. I have a crush on my colleague like you I over analyze everything about her, the way she moves, how she responds, and sometimes they would give you signals that wanted to make you think that they are into you such as: they look at you in the eyes when they talk to you, do some things you wouldn't expect that other people will do for you, they say sweet things you wanted to hear from them, they laugh at your jokes and all that.

So for one month and days thinking I finally have the courage to say it to her. I left a message for her telling how I feel about her and that how special she is thinking she feels the same way too but it turns out that I just misread the signals, everything she does to me. She said that she doesn't have feelings for me and that she likes me as a friend and nothing more. That's the time I realized one thing: "Don't assume unless otherwise stated." So if you're not sure ask her directly don't let your mind keeps on wondering about things which in fact are not true. Don't over think everything they do to you cause sometimes girls are flirty, too friendly, too sweet because they need companion, they need a friend but that's just it.

I suggest ask that girl of how she feels about you or confess to her how you feel and that you are confused of the way she treats you that is if she know's you're into girls you know cause if not then start in having a conversion to her about same sex marriage how she thinks about it but if she reacted negatively then you know where to stand.