1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Str8 guys annoy me

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, May 10, 2013.

1. Alexander69

They just talk about sex and breasts and sex and sex and drinking and sports and vagina and tits and sex and drinking ad sex and sex and sports and sex!!! They are so immature not saying gay guys are not but I notice it about str8 guys more and it's SO ANNOYING I wasnt raised to be immature and act like an idiot like a lot of straight guys do they seem louder and like punch each other and talk about girls and sport and IT'S so annoying! I don't know how to explain it but like American pie guys they annoy me there is more to life than BREASTS AND VAGINA! This is a rant no meaning just putting my annoyance out there and seeing if anyone has the same feeling! Feel free to disagree :slight_smile:

2. santaberry

Sounds like you're hanging around the wrong straight men. As a gay in the closet I am around several straight male friends and I don't encounter that. We're good peoples though. We don't live our lives surviving on one night stands with random hoochies and being disgusting like that. We just have some drinks and chill out listening to music.

3. Hexagon

Yes, I've noticed this. It only seems to happen when there are no women or known gay guys within earshot, but sometimes they can turn absolutely disgusting. I don't mean to apply this to all heterosexual guys or anything, but a good portion of those I meet.

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A lot of it's just bravado, they say it because they think it makes them look grown up & they think it's what the other Guy whats to hear, sometimes it's to cover up the fact that they are still Virgins & wouldn't know what to do with a Woman if they had one Lol
    They also think if they didn't show an interest in the opposite sex then people might think they are Gay :slight_smile:

But as santaberry said "they are not all like that, some younger guys can be quite mature for their age" & of course you have us Gay Guys :slight_smile:

5. santaberry

I think it's just a human thing. I hear a fair share of shallow conversations between straight/gay men and women. If you're not one of those people you should count yourself as a decent person.

6. Mogget

There's a certain degree of "raunch culture" for straight guys, where they're expected to portray themselves as hypersexualized in some contexts. The straight guys you know probably aren't nearly as obsessed with sex and women as they make themselves out to be.

7. Rosemarried

Rosemarried Guest

*If a girl is allowed to post here*

Straight guys tend to look at girls like meat- even in school. A friend of mine had her behind smacked by a complete stranger and another had fingers stuck in her mouth and was told to suck, as well as other incidents, these have happened at school in broad daylight. Sexual harrassment along with the usual rowdiness and obscene speech is something I see on a regular basis- and experience. Sure sure, you guys may have to deal with sex and sports talk- but at least you don't get looked up and down and receive a "Hey baby" when you try to buy lunch. Or get told to stand in certain places, because they think they can see your bra through your black turtleneck, or to lift your skirt so they can see more of your legs. The list goes on, and I'm sure some trans* guys face these same problems too.

8. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

I find that in general, the culture of certain straights is somewhat,different than gay culture. They have a large subculture that valued things like sportiness, hypersexualisation, and acting like complete lunatics. That is obviously not the majority, however, they could be said to be a very loud minority. I am certain that, when I go to Highschool, the gay guys could easily begin to act as described in the post above, considering that my mannerism is already enough that I am fairly certain that every other gay or bi guy in school is giving me 'looks' and by looks I mean undressing me with there eyes. :frowning2: Of course, nobody likes that particular subgroup unless there in it.

9. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Why do some Straight Guys stand there with both hands down the front of their trackie bottoms, fondling themselves in broad daylight whilst taking to their friends Lol
    I have never done that before :slight_smile:

10. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is exactly why I've never been 'one of the guys'. Talk to them one-on-one, and they'll usually become completely different people.

There is something about groups of men that produces a frightening herd mentality: seemingly normal guys who would never even think of rape or murder suddenly become one with the crowd, creating a sort of collective hive mind.

At least, where I'm from, it's not uncommon for a young guy to refer to a woman as a 'bitch' or to gloat of his sexual conquests. It actually makes me angry - enough so I have to avoid such individuals entirely or risk losing it. Take into account I have a younger brother who is heavily into rap and the whole 'hood' culture and has also picked up the misogynist language...

11. vyvance

One thread generalizing straight people wasn't enough? You had to make a second one?

12. Bolin

*sigh* Such generalizations... I feel like these "straight guy" threads are the reverse of ignorant straight people holding all gay people to a certain stereotype. Not every straight guy is like this. You just have to find the ones who aren't like that, and there are quite a few. You know how there's this stereotype that all gay men are promiscuous and always have unprotected sex and do harmful drugs and get STDs? You should know just from being on this site that that's not true. And in all actuality, most of the straight guys I know aren't womanizing, misogynistic "vagina chasers."

13. Lamonia

Lamonia Guest

There is a lot of straight guys who are not like this at all..., and there is also gay guys who objectify guys to just a size of a penis, and like straight guys seem to say the things that you are supposed to say...the bigger the better, even when they don't necessarily think so...that is if they sort out what do they think personally.

That said most straight guys do like sports and sex, and as gay guys it can be easy to feel left out because most of the time we don't like talking about that...at least the sex part.

It is easier to talk about the shallow things in life...doesn't make you look vulnerable and overly sentimental..(seen as pathetic).

14. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This sounds either like a bad generalization or that you hang around guys who talk about that kind of stuff. Not all straight guys act like that just like not all gay guys are effeminate or talk about things that are stereotypically associated with gay males.

Sure sports and sex can be a topic guys talk about, but that topic isn't limited to just certain sexualities or genders. I know guys who talk about different things like video games, sci-fi, food/cooking, web design, etc.

Really it depends on who you choose to hang around and if you are not generalizing about these guys you hangout with, then maybe you want to do activities that will get you meeting people who talk about different things. But don't dislike someone for talking about sex or sports, they are legitimate topics anyone can talk about and you would be excluding a ton of people out of your life.

15. June Cleaver

BINGO! ^^^This one sounds right.^^^ Mike is a straight man. Jack and John Paul were too and none of them talk like that. Now Mike and John did/do talk about football on occation and all three talk dirty in the bedroom. Mike is a country boy so he talks about mud trucks, hunting, the river, springs, and the beach quite often.

As far as the pussy talk goes, that is immature straight guys probably teens, virgins being more straight than their friends. Because in my experence, all the adult straight men I have ever been around are just normal kind of guys talking about normal things. What you are saying is like all gay guys talk about is dicks, balls, sucking dicks, and asses.

Find more mature men to hang around and I'll bet you find a better topic of conversation to be had. Good luck, June

16. sammyjane72x

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do see what you mean

However it does depend who you are befriending. If you seek/already have freinds that act bravado/full on then thats what you'll end up with

If you seek/have a calmer social scene where there is no need for bravado and other social nasties then that's what you'll find

I seek intellectual types where all forms or per pressure, social pressure and bravado (in all genders) isn't there.

You shall ultimately find what you're looking for in the end so be careful what you wish for

17. Foxface

well I am not straight...but if it makes you feel better when I look at women I see equals...Yeah I notice beauty, I won't deny it but I don't obsess on it

Foxface

18. sme

sme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In high school, I was 'one of the guys'. I was just the good lookin girl candy that the whole group of guys protected, and wanted to for lack of better words... 'get in the pants of'- but no one tried. (because the rest of the group would attack) I think there is nice people hiding under most of that 'macho man' shit. Although, I have heard some pretty disgusting things come out of guys mouths, with or without the girls around... I agree, sometimes straight guys can be absolute pigs.

19. mpac21

^^^ This right here....it goes both ways truly

20. SamAlex728

Sheesh, you're just as bad as the relentless homophobes. Take a chill pill. Intolerant, much?