1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do u deal with jackass parents ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Unsurevirgin, May 11, 2013.

1. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Do u run way or u just save up and move out ?

2. Romann

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Give them a piece of your mind, rant angrily about how terrible they are and they may get the point. If not, save up and move out.

3. Rexmond

Save up and move out. Coming to them would hurt them a lot, and my parents wouldn't be very accepting either, so I'm still not sure they deserve to know.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What specific issues are going on? Most every teen has issues with their parents at some point, and to some extent it's expected and inevitable, as part of the normal individuation process.

Running away never solves anything and can put you at a lot of risk in many ways. So saving up and moving out is a good choice, but there may also be options between now and then, if you can talk in more specific terms about what the issues are that are causing the problems.

5. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Well it's about me cooking and wanting to be a really good baker and learning the ropes .my stupid parents think l'll get raped in some storage room bc of the 3 girłs who came back 10 yrs later.im 19 yrs old wanting to be a baker but is pastry school better or learning from a bakery ?

6. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

Your parents' fears seem a little irrational. That sort of circumstance could happen in pretty much any work environment, so I think if you have a reasonable conversation with them, you might be able to get to the root of the issue.

As far as learning to be a baker... my suggestion would be to get a job in a bakery first, spend some time actually doing it, and make sure it's what you really want and love to do before committing to spending the money and time to go to school for it.

7. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

That's what I'm thinking but how do I let my parents be reassured nothing will happen ? i tried reasonable conversate . They think I should go with a friend for safety :/ seriously ? I'm 19 yrs old ! Practically a woman !

8. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At a certain point, you have to just say to them, "I'm an adult, and I need to make my own choices." Tell them that you will listen to what they have to say and think about it, but you'll make your own decisions. This can be really hard for some parents, but they need to get used to it.

9. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Thank you chip :slight_smile: appreciate the help u can close the thread :slight_smile: you have been very helpful