1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suicide

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dublin Boy, May 11, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok Guys, I am about to lay it on the line, open up & bare my soul to you, I have noticed a lot of references to Suicide in threads tonight, I can't say that I can Sympathize with you, as that would imply that, I don't understand what you are going through & feel sorry for you, instead I can empathize with you, as I do know what you are going through.

I was once in a dark place, I was confused about my sexuality, I was alone & I had other shit going on in my life, I needed help & I didn't know where to turn to, I could not see the light at the end of the tunnel & I wanted to die, I wanted the pain to go away, so I did something really stupid & I took a overdose of Diazepams, I realized what I had done soon after & I called up my friend.

My friend came out of work & took me straight up to the Hospital, my stomach was pumped & I was kept in Hospital, my family came to see me & I told them everything about what was on my mind, except for being Gay, my life did get better after this & my suicide attempt is a distant memory, I am a lot happier now & so blessed that I have found EC & the wonderful people on here :slight_smile:

I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it was there & it is there for all of you that are contemplating suicide, believe me, you can't see it now, but it is there, I wish I had known about this site back then, use this site & all the beautiful people on here as your sound boards, they will listen to you & guide you :slight_smile:

Remember this saying Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it's called the present. (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

#1 Dublin Boy, May 11, 2013
    Last edited: May 11, 2013
  2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How wonderful~

Thank you for sharing such a courageous story! :eusa_clap

3. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    I cannot say/do anything more than..hug you tightly (*hug*),i love you.Youre really a true person.

4. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I feel awkward...

5. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @_@ I stare at chu

6. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    [​IMG]

7. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you good sire for enabling my creeper ways!!! D:

8. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    [​IMG]
    No problem :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

[​IMG]

10. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Beautiful post, DB! So thankful to see you made it through, bigger and badder. (*hug*)

11. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank You for your kind comments (*hug*)

12. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If my words can help just one person, then I am happy :slight_smile:

13. evora

I don't known how to reply to this topic because just a few days ago a was once again contemplating doing it, so..:rolle:
    I just wanted to say I'm glad you didn't die (*hug*) (however stupid/creepy that might sound:icon_redf)

14. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Hugs 'Thank you for sharing your story. I worry about my young EC friends (and old). I understand the deep despair.
    Sometimes its living 1 minute at a time. Finding the littlest thing to tip things to the positive side. A good sandwich. A beautiful sunset...passing a test you barely studied for.
    I had a gay friend in college who hung himself across a hallway behind a closed door 25 years ago. It still messes with my head. Suicide is a permanent thing. It leaves such long term devastation in ways you can't understand.
    Please if you are considering suicide reach out to someone for help. Go to a emergency room.. Friend. School nurse. an adult you trust. In my early 20's I went to ala-non meetings just to be around people so I didn't feel so alone. It was rough but I fought thru years of depression and despair.
    Yesterday my son said "Mommy its ok to be who you are I will always love you" That moment was worth all the pain and struggles.

15. MrBrightside

Thanks for sharing your story. There is far too much stigma arround mental illness these days and its great to read other peoples experiences.

I was very depressed for a long time until recently, coming out has changed that thankfully.

Last year one of my best friends committed suicide in the flat next door to me, and the suffering it leaves behind is incredible. My uncle also committed suicide when i was younger, and i know others who have tried. Its never the answer.

My mum always says, "theres no problem that cant be fixed" and it is true. Life is a beautiful thing.

16. Convoy

Thanks for sharing your story, we've all got a little bit tied up in us and it's good to let it out.

It's never good to make that first step but I'm glad you got help and that you had friends that were able to help you. If you ever go back to that place remember that there are people out there that care for your safety and don't want to see you harmed or injured.

At least you ended up in a comfy little hospital bed; I woke up in a ditch covered in vomit suffering from hypothermia; Washed off in a stream and dragged myself home and treated the hypothermia. I couldn't eat for a day or two.

No resentment, but man were those dark times. Hopefully we'll all never have to go there again, and that anyone who's there can come out alright. It's not cool man, to have this happen; but It's part of me now.

(*hug*)'s to all those out there with stuff on your mind; there's definitely something worth living for in the end.

17. RedPowerRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Thanks for sharing Dubs. Full credit to you. Glad you here mate. I been sent to shelton twice for suicide attempts because 1 being gay and 2 having fits none stop plus stress. I have been very stressed and depressed lately but i always think back to that to remind me that it is better staying where you are now.

18. kittybelike

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh my lord, thats touching...I cried, in all honesty. I want to hug you and not let go...

19. dannyboy15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh my god... i give you so much respect for being able to post this to everyone, i just cried reading this. sending hugsss your way

20. Candace

I'm so happy you're okay, man! (*hug*). This is great to hear. What a great friend you have. :slight_smile: