1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things Grandmothers do/say

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayAndHappylol, May 12, 2013.

1. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    So i had to eat to my grandma's today,and she served me like,a full big plate of spaghetti.So,when i finished the food,i was really full i couldnt even drink water.What she said was : ''Do you want some more?''.
    Me: No thanks im really full,i cant eat anymore,ill burst.
    Her: But you didnt ate much :frowning2: .Im so sad about you,youre not eating,youre really thin,you have to eat more,im so sad cause you didnt enjoyed it.

._. ..like seriously i couldnt eat more!

Things that your grandmother says like that?Post here~

2. evora

My grandmother does that too and keeps saying how little I eat even though I really eat a lot.

Another thing that bothers me is when she tells me I should get a boyfriend soon because I'll need to get married someday and it's easier to find a husband while I'm young...(but I've made so many threads on this subject that I don't want to take up anymore space with it here...)

3. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah ive seen your threads,and i completely agree how annoying my family can be about finding a girlfriend,atleast my mom knows im gay so she wont bother me about it anymore xD

4. Yeah, my grandma is the same. One time, she said," I'm sorry I didn't make enough food." when there were 5 GIANT plates of food on the table.

My grandmother: Why don't you have a girlfriend yet? You're so handsome!

Ugh, not only my grandma says that, but my mom says that too. It kinda kills me on the inside :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Jordz

If I don't get something straight away because I'm watching a music video my nan will say "stop looking at the ladies and come get it" and i'm just sat their thinking yeah, you've got it totally wrong. :eusa_doh: :rolle:

6. Hexagon

You need a haircut.
    You should really start eating meat.

7. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    HAHA INDEED YOURE HANDSOME :lol:

But yeah its annoying when they do that,i mean its our life,we are going to do what we want,its not their life -_-.HAHAH 5 plates? :roflmao: yeah they wouldnt be enough for a giant

---------- Post added 12th May 2013 at 06:28 AM ----------

Haha exactly xD

---------- Post added 12th May 2013 at 06:28 AM ----------

Wear your jacket its cold outside xD

8. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

My Grandma would be over 100... in her late 80's she would tell the story of as a young girl when a boy tried to kiss her with tongue he wouldn't get "past her teeth." Still makes me smile.

9. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha nice

10. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    [​IMG]

My grandmothers still try to force me to go to church, mainly my great grandmother.
    Her: "You need to come back to church; we miss you. Have you been baptized?"
    Me: "No, ma'am."
    Her: "Well, you need to. When the rapture happens, and you haven't been baptized, you'll go to Hell. You need to be saved. We can call the preacher, and do it any time, but you need to go ahead and do it."
    Me: "Yes, ma'am."

Love you too, grandma.

11. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    ^Exorcist style lol

12. My grandma always used to hate it when I went out in jeans. She thought that
    "Young ladies should stop dressing like men. It's degrading." Her and I used to go out shopping once or twice a month and every time without fail she'd find the floweriest flounciest dress and beg me to try it on. -.-
    I loved her to bits and she was my role model, but we never saw eye-to-eye on clothes.

13. dannyboy15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My grandma is pretty challenged, technology wise. when her phone went off today she didn't even know what it was. lol. and another funny thing is she gives me $5 every time i come visit her :grin:

14. 4ever Hearth

My grandmother is one of those "I ain't dead yet" older women. She is extremely active due to hating sitting still for too long and very much blunt with her opinion. One day, after me and my younger cousin jogged around the park we decided to visit her. During the visit, we got to talking about what myself and my cousin was up to. Since my cousin was about to start college at the time, the topic became Higher Education. Well, to our surprise, she flat out told us that if her father would have allowed her to go to college, we wouldn't exist. At least not as we are anyways. Me and my cousin looked at each other and just laughed in a mix of confusion and shock at her blunt honesty. Mind you, she never batted an eye or apologized for it either. She just kept saying "I'm serious. Had he let me go to college, I wouldn't have had any children."

I didn't take it to heart or anything, I just found it interesting that is how she felt about her life.

15. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

"Do you want something to drink?"

"no"

"Are you sure?"

"yes"

"ARE YOU SURE?"

"YES?!?"

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

RIP Mimi

16. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My grandma does not stop asking questions. If she thinks that you are avoiding a question, then she will keep asking it until you answer it. There are not many secrets in my family because of this..

17. Oddish

Oddish Guest

My nonna is an old little Italian lady who feeds me way too much food and then asks if I want more. To which if I reply "no", I am taken for a fool and given a third or fourth serving.

She's also kind of oblivious to most things.

She's peculiar.

18. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

My grandmother has a tendancy of being against me growing out my hair, hence why it is only slightly longer than normal. :frowning2: I want to have 1 foot hair in the back, not 4 inch...