1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Could Kick Myself

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dublin Boy, May 12, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I went to my parents house today for my Sunday Lunch, whilst my Stepdad was in the kitchen cooking the meal, I was sitting in the living room, talking to my Mom, I was telling her about the Young Gay Guy that was attacked by the Older neighbor & that he had been arrested, this got onto the subject of Gay People.

We were discussing an old school friend of mine, who came out to his Mom about being Gay & she cut him out off her life, my Mom said "that was wrong & if any of her kids were Gay she would support them", she said "she wouldn't be happy about it, but at the end of the day, they are her kids & her love is unconditional".

She reminded me about a time when I had a sleepover with my Best Friend, my friend had issues when he was asleep & he would rock in his sleep, he was sleeping in my room & my Mom thought we we both Gay & something was happening in the Bedroom Lol nothing was, he is still Straight & my Mom at the time asked me if I was Gay :slight_smile:

Now this was my chance to come out of the closet, but the words would not come out, I wanted to say, well I have something to tell you "I am Gay" but it would not leave my lips, after dinner we played Dominoes & then I took their Dog for a walk, whilst I was out, I was trying to build up the courage to tell them, when I got back to the house.

When I opened the front door, my intention was to tell them, I went into the house & sitting there was my Brother, who is very Homophobic, Damn that was the end of that, if only I had, had the Balls to come out when I had the chance, I could kick myself, for a lost chance :bang:

2. Hexagon

Email them. It may seem like its not as good a time as before, but its still good. Now is your chance to be yourself. You can ask them not to tell your brother.

3. Hefiel

Something similar happened to me when I wanted to come out to my parents. Took me 3 days to finally get it out. The first day I couldn't do it, the words wouldn't come out. The second day there was an unwanted guest, and the 3rd day I managed to do it after some hesitation.

Not worth kicking yourself over though, it happens.

4. GeorgieBoy

Don't worry about it, dude :slight_smile: in the past I've often regretted not coming out to people when I had the chance. It took a lot of guts just to come out to my first person, but I got there in the end. I'm also yet to come out to my family. Although I want them to know, I'm not really planning on telling them anytime soon. I think I'm going to wait, and if I start seeing someone, break it to them that way e.g. "I've started seeing a boy in my class" or something like that. I think the way to word it is the hardest part, especially to family. But seriously, don't stress about it, especially if you don't see them every day. Waiting for the right time is difficult, but everyone gets there eventually :grin:

5. Alexander69

I wish my mother said things like that! I wouldn't have so much anxiety if she was like that :frowning2: I want to come out so bad I hate hiding this part of me but I do t want to be disowned and ignored by my family :frowning2:

6. Jordz

I know what you mean about not being able to say the words, when I came out to my mum it ended up as 20 questions :lol: was pretty awkward

7. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Dont worry it will always be the right time now that you want to confess it,when i told my mom i was gay,she guessed it before even i start to talk to her,she told me ''is it about your sexual orientation''?...And then yeah i was so relieved

8. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Hugs- great you know you will have your Mom's support when you are ready. That is huge. Remembering to breathe helps too!

9. Samson

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You will have other chances, and if you look to the positive side, now you know that your mum is somewhat open, that is already a lot!! It takes me a hell lots more to me just to acknowledged half of that to my self :wink: (well, I may have to acknowledged more in the future, but that another story!)

10. Hiems

I've talked to my mom about LGBT matters as well, specifically the Tyler Clementi incident. Similar to you, my mom said that she'd still love her children regardless of identity. Yet I didn't have the guts to tell her at the time...

Even though you couldn't tell your mom due to the circumstances, at least you're on path to do so. She sounds like someone who would be supportive. Hang in there (*hug*)

11. Candace

(*hug*) don't worry about it, bro! I've had plenty of opportunities to tell family members. You should take the time now to prepare for what you need to say. You only get one shot, so you might as well wait until you know concisely what you need to tell them. :slight_smile:.

Btw, congrats with your mom :slight_smile:. I wish I could say the same about mine :/

12. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I will just have to wait for the next opportunity (*hug*)

13. DanD

That's a shame DB, but as others have said, there will be other opportunities.

I don't think I can ever come out to my parents, ever. They're seriously homophobic, which is a shame, and they aren't the kind of people I could try and educate either. They won't listen to reason, and are very 'stuck in their ways/opinions'.

I wish you the best of luck to do it soon, perhaps you could hook up with the window cleaner and then both go round for Sunday lunch?:icon_wink

Also, for a dyslexic dude, you write really well - top marks!

DD

14. Samael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well... I wish that my mother said things like that too. She once told me "If I had a gay son, I would kick him out of the house... are you gay!?" I spent years thinking about it, until I had the courage to tell her. Past 1st of May, I told my mom I wanted to talk to her. She sat on my bed, stared at me and I told her without hesitation. She told me that, She didn't agree with it, but I was her son and She will always love me no matter what. It was GREAT. (She spent some days not-talking to me, but she's fine now). Also, my sister used to make homophobic comments all the time, but when I told her she was like: "And that's all? I always knew about it. Anyways, I won a Bet on you being gay" and gave me a hug. So... What are you waiting for? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: There's not special or right moment to tell your mom. The moment is right when you feel it.

Cheers!!

Samael.

15. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Don't worry about it, come out whenever you really feel ready. Obviously this time you still weren't completely ready to blurt it out, maybe on a subconscious level. But at least you know your mom will be okay with it, you'll have plenty of other chances. :slight_smile:

16. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

You're getting closer, you'll know when the time is right.

17. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks Guys, for your support (&&&)