1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foreboding Dreams

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 4ever Hearth, May 13, 2013.

1. 4ever Hearth

After posting and reading some stuff from the "Dreams and Nightmares" thread, I realized that for a few months a few of my dreams are quite foreboding. Not in a "OMG, Johnny don't walk into the street!!!" way but more so a "Something is about to hit us fast and hard. Prepare the mental defenses!" way.

For Instance: I had this five part dream about me and seven friends(complete strangers since I don't recall having met any of them) were driving in a truck along a countryside road and we needed to stop for gas. So the driver pulls over and we all get out. After a argument, we split into teams and search for someone to pump our gas. I happen to get killed first. Now the weird part is that the dream itself is like a roleplaying game(I haven't played an RPG in forever) and each time it plays out the same. The only thing that changes the outcome is the choices I make. Like one time, I try to convince Emily, one of the friends, not to take a certain way. She is ridiculously sarcastic about my warning and because of it she takes a crowbar to the face. As the dream continues, I realize that I can do just about anything I please. So with each "death", I formulate a new tactic. During one of the tries, I fight back. I fly, I have super strength and amazing agility. I even manage to get his chainsaw and ram it into his chest but it doesn't kill him. Instead, he pulls it out and plants me, head first, into the concrete. After a few more tries and fails, I realize I can't kill him. So in the final attempt, I convince the others to fight with me. As he charges at us with his chainsaw and we charge at him with lead pipes, chains, etc. the dream ends.

Once I got to thinking about the dream some more, I realized the friends weren't stranger or friends. They were me. Emily was my Sarcasm, The Driver was my Stubbornness/Willpower, One of the other girls was my Timid/Reserved-Self while one of the other guys was my Intellect/Self-Consciousness. I never saw the killer's face since every time we saw him, it was cloaked by a shadow.

I also realized that I had this dream around early-mid February which means it happened a few weeks before the first time I self-harmed which was on Feb 22 which put in motion a terrible chain of events that didn't end until Apr 23. Realizing this has peaked my curiosity on what the hell my sub-conscious is either holding back or about to release and is warning me beforehand.

I was wondering has anyone else ever experienced something like this?