1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pressies

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Paul_UK, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

OK, so what did you get and what did you give?

I don't mean a full list - I'm thinking of the one or two things you were really pleased to receive, and the one or two things you gave that were really appreciated by the recipient. Often it's the little unexpected pressies that we remember.

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Nothing particularly outstanding either way here this year....

I got several CDs including Meat Loaf. Bat out of Hell 3 (excellent!), Algelis and All Angels, the Brokeback Mountain DVD, a Boys of Bel Ami calendar ( :slight_smile: :icon_redf ), some new jeans and the inevitable toiletries.

My partner Markie is getting into astronomy so I bought him several DVDs and a book about this, which he is pleased with. I also got him a telescope on eBay, but he knew about that already (he chose it).

We bought Duke (our cat) a small remote control car, which he is currently chasing around the floor with Markie controlling it.

3. Micah

I was mildly disappointed that I didnt get the sunglasses that I wanted, although I'm getting them for my birthday (next month).

What I did get though was a $100 tshirt that just looks like sex.

I got some cash from my parents, some calven klein One Summer cologne from a friend, and we got a plasma screen for the living room :slight_smile:

4. Gaz89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Got smellies, some nice perfume/aftershave whatever you call it. Xbox 360. couple of games to go with it, got a belt i wanted. some nice clothes and chocolate! and some weights!

5. tinkergeek

tinkergeek Guest

Hmm, I got some clothes. Nice clothes though..

Oh, and we had dinner with my favorite side of the family. :slight_smile:

6. TriBi

Didn't get a lot of presents. I have no family - and I actually get more of a buzz giving things to my real friends and their kids than I do getting a heap of stuff myself.

What I did get (in spades:icon_bigg) was the gift of true friendship. I am immensely fortunate that both my closest friends regard me as part of their families - so I split my time between both their celebrations.

I got to share their Christmas Day, Christmas lunch, watching the kids (2 are my Godchildren) open their presents and have a ball playing with them. Plenty of good food, great company - and even the weather beat the predictions and was sunny and warm. In short - all the things that money can't buy - but in reality are worth so much more.

It was a wonderful, highly enjoyable and happy day.:thumbsup: :grin:

7. Qu_

Qu_ Guest

small advantage of having divorced parents=twice the presents.

Basically I got a whole bunch of cash to go shopping with.

8. tired_of_lying411

i got everything i wanted... which was mostly my parents being surprised with their presents and them being perfect! Im hugely into wrapping (presents that is). I pretty much wrap anything that isnt for me :slight_smile: So I love seeing both my parents being surprised at what lies beneath the pretty wrapping on a gift from one of them to the other.

I got my first razor {d'awwwwww he's growing up :slight_smile:} which was a bit awkward... but yeah, now I dont have to use my dads in secret hahaha

Anyway.. I have a birthday coming up (27th of december) and i plan on getting myself a digital camera with all the money that comes from birthdays...

Perhaps the last present I'll give myself will be coming out to my dad. I think it becomes quite obvious that you have a gay son when he's most pleased with the 'vidal sassoon' hair dryer you picked out for him. hahaha

Happy Holidays, everyone. Hope they were enjoyable!

9. GuitarGirl1350

I GOT MY ELECTRIC GUITAR and all the fixins. I also got this awesome pair of pirate boots that are just sex. <33 and I got some cds, dvds, clothes...the usual. ^_^

10. Micah

Pirate boots. Thats so hot.

My 15 year old sister got some leopard skin pants that I stole and put on. They were awesome :wink:

11. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    Wow, I want pirate boots...that's really kind of amazing.

Although, I did get some amazing footwear myself...my aunt gave me these attack killer rabbit slippers. I must say, I'm definitely in love with them.

I actually got a number of soft things, including a new bathrobe, a sweater, and a totally hot suede(sp?) coat. And the best part was that both the sweater and coat fit perfectly and were mediums, making me feel skinny, which was intensely fun :icon_bigg.

And I gave my parents a charcoal drawing of them when they were dating in the 80's that I did. They both really seemed to appreciate it, which was fun for me :slight_smile:.

#11 suburbs_of_sodom, Dec 27, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
  12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

How about taking a photo or scan of that and entering it in the EC talent contest? It's exactly right for the theme of the contest, and we are somewhat underwhelmed with entries currently. :icon_wink

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Have you given them back yet? Did she see you wearing them, and if so what did she say?

14. Micah

Yeah I gave them back :tongue:

But she took a photo of me in them on her phone and sent it to everyone as her "Merry Christmas text" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. GuitarGirl1350

Leopard skin pants?! That's soooo hilarious and yet achingly cliche. May you possibly send me a picture of this? I've never seen a man in leopard skin before....
    and yeah. Pirate boots=sex. I'm gonna wear them to school when I go back ^_^

16. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    Well this Christmas I got a couple of pairs of jeans, a new Armani jacket, a new suit (for my job) and the usual alochol, chockies and smellies.

No leopard skin pants or pirate boots here :tongue: - although it must have been amusing to see Dave on his sister's XMAS message

17. step49x

I got a decent amount of food, a few CDs, a keyboard stand, and a few gift certificates. I have to say, I didn't get a ton of clothes (and what I did get was a lot less exciting than leopard skin pants or pirate boots).

18. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    Yes, it is, but sadly it's at our farm so that's kind of impossible. But no worries, I have my submission pretty much ready to be mailed/scanned, so it's all good :icon_bigg.

19. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Are you going to put it on your MySpace page? :lol:

20. Micah

Hey if i can manage to upload it i'll post it here. But lately Ive been having difficulty with my phone :slight_smile: will keep you posted tho! (ps its rather small and low quality)