1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are ways u relax ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Unsurevirgin, May 14, 2013.

1. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

I'm on edge,I'm jumpy ,I can't relax I have anxiety ,any tips or advice u can give to a teenager on edge ?

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Tea. Good cup of tea, deep breathing, and a book and you're there.

3. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm typically a really mellow and calm person even with my anxiety issues. I like to curl up with a book, put on some smooth music like jazz, blues, or soul, take a bath, groom myself a bit. Any of that kind of stuff is really calming. Also, if it's hot turn down the temperature. It sounds weird but it does work. Hope this helps. (*hug*)

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I usually listen to music or play video games and talk to friends. It's also been said that masturbation is "a great way to mediate anxiety. It's a great stress relief, especially during midterms and finals" according to sex therapist Cay L. Crow. Not saying it would work for you, but it does for some people.

5. Jonathan

I relax by reading a book, playing a video game or finding some other way to distract myself from whatever is going on my life. :slight_smile:

6. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Personally whenever i want to relax i use photoshop,or i go to the gym?Gym is a good way to unleash energy you dont need,and also you will feel much better after that,and too tired to be jumpy at all.Also any kind of artistry can help,such as sketching,music etc.
    Hope that helps :slight_smile:

7. LuckyScrubs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Best way is to share what makes you anxious and jumpy all the time with someone you know willing to listen. Other than that, I normally play online games or just randomly surprised someone at his house and hang out to take my minds off things. Oh, writing is also helpful, though I tried and failed (immediately realized I wrote silly stuffs).

8. Hitch

I don't know. I'm usually always relaxed that i never have to do anything special to relax.

9. Sognatore

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Watch some videos on Youtube or listen to some music, it usually helps me. :slight_smile:

10. evora

Music. Definitely. :slight_smile:
    If you can't listen to music, try to start a conversation with someone. That's what I did today. I was literally shaking. That's never happened to me before.:lol: It helped a bit. My hands weren't sweaty anymore and my voice sounded completely normal. I was otherwise fine, except for the shaking...but talking to someone helped!:icon_bigg Probably because I like to talk when I'm nervous...
    I must sound weird.:icon_redf

11. AlamoCity

To relax, I like to go for a run. Or listen to music.

Better yet, run while listening to music.

12. Exercise works best for me.

13. If I'm on the verge of panicking, I do the thing where you tense really tightly and then relax each group of muscles in your body while breathing as deeply as possible. Sometimes just focusing really intently on what's going on with my body and my breathing helps calm me down enough to not panic.

If it's just general anxiety, I listen to slower paced music and just let my mind drift, breathing slowly and deeply as I can. Exercise also sometimes works. And distraction works, when I'm not having anxiety about how many things I have to do :slight_smile:

14. Gerit

Sometimes I like to inject myself with heroin.

Just kidding. Whenever I'm stressed out, I play the piano or violin. Music makes me focus and gets my mind away from whatever is bugging me.

15. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I find that yoga really helps me to unwind. I'm still not very good at it, but even doing a few basic stretches has a remarkable effect. Other than that, computer programming is a surprisingly relaxing activity for me (I'm just a nerd like that). :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But the basic principal behind why helps me relax should hold for most people: it puts me in a state called "flow," which basically means you are doing something that is challenging enough to hold your undivided attention yet not so challenging as to frustrate you. If there's an activity you think could put you in a similar state of mind, try doing that.

16. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

I'm just jumpy for my job interview at the bakery . And everytime my mom mentions marriage and relationship .makes me want to puke bc I don't. Wanna be in a abusive home and cheating relationship . I'm not marrying yet but the thought of it kinda scares me.

17. Foxface

decaf coffee, incense, candles, and koto bamboo flute music

Foxface

18. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That just sounds lovely. :slight_smile:

19. Alexander69

Masturbation? Just sayin. Coffee (decaf) black, play relaxation music like rainforest sounds, zen music?