1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Year Resolutions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Paul_UK, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

With only three days to go, have you decided what your new year resolutions will be yet?

Also, how good or otherwise have you been at sticking to them in previous years?

2. Gaz89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Get fit, and a good enough body so that i feel comfortable with myself! ;D Already joined the gym though, so thats a start! I'll stick at it as i've joined with a mate and we have a laugh aswell as work out! I nearly die everytime i go though.. its hard.

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It's great if you can do something like that with a mate rather than on your own, because you encourage each other and enjoy each other's company (even if nobody else there talks to you). Good luck with it!

4. GuitarGirl1350

-Get one (paid) solo gig (I get gigs, i just don't get paid...not that I need to, but it'd be nice... )
    -Get my second band off the ground
    -Get one gig with them (paid or not)
    -Lose a couple pounds (it's not imperitive, but would be nice...)

5. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    Hmmm am hoping that 2007 will be a very bigger and better year for me. Previous resolutions have lasted me just half a year or so, but my new ones, these are attainable and long lasting.

● I'm going to make a serious go of my new job at the bank

● I'm going to be true to myself, start acting how I want to act and not how others expect the Jamie they know and love to act.

● I'm going back to the gym, back to my running and cycling and am gonna get fit and toned again. So I can feel better about myself!!!

● I'm getting a new car and am going to flee the 'nest'. Becoming completely independant will help me with the next step

● I'm going to come out to everybody, i've not come out to friends in fear that my parents might some how find out, but when I no longer rely on them for food and shelter as a result of my independance I will feel more comfortable in letting them and my friends know.

Simple and Effective and I hope targets that i'll achieve and not wimp out of,
    Goodluck with all of your targets guys,

Jamie

6. Gaz89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh and another one is to pass my driving test, i have my test on the 8th of january!!! Hope i pass it, i failed my mock driving test.. i drove straight over a crossroad lmfao!!! I didnt look or anything, if something was coming then i'd hate to think what would of happened! I'm starting to get nervous now.. :icon_sad:

7. Jamie

am sure everything will be fine Gaz, remember though that they're not looking for perfection. They're just looking to see if you are at the standard where you are safe to be on the roads unaccompanied.

Good Luck fella!!!

8. kevinx519

hmm resolutions...i think ive got a few.
    1) aim for a 4.0 in school. although it's nearly impossible with how difficult my school is.
    2) become a better swimmer/runner which means i gotta actually go to my practices now. hehe.
    3) find lots of cute boys which could be a difficult task at my school. haha.
    4) try to become a better friend cuz i hope that by doing that, when i come out to my friends, they won't feel the need to leave me as easily.
    yep that pretty much sums it up. i'm aiming to accomplish them all, but i guess i'd be happy with finishing at least one. =)

9. Gaz89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeh, thanks mate! You passed your test yeh? first try? I think some of it is down to luck on what manouvers the test guy picks too, i have my weaknesses lol.

10. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    I tend to do more "midyear impulsive" resolutions when I think I drastically need to change something about myself than actual New Years resolutions, but it might be good to start, so these would be mine:

- Lose 20lbs by the end of the year so I can feel better and thus gain more confidence, which will help me to

- Get a boyfriend, and stop making excuses to myself like "oh, I'll do it in college" or "but I don't really know any gay guys in person," and if that resolution ends up falling through (which it had better NOT), at least

- Get kissed. For God sakes, I'm 17 and I've never been kissed. That's just sad.

- Finish out my junior year with straight A's (A-'s count)...which would involve putting a lot more effort into my writing and studying physics like hell.

- And lastly, get a paying job over the summer. And, if not that, get an unpaid internship...something that will teach me discipline and give me a better work ethic, as well as a new pair of shoes :icon_bigg.

Well, that should get me started...wow, now I'm actually really looking forward to next year, plus, it's the year I turn 18 :eusa_danc, so it's bound to be good.

11. Jamie

Yes you're right it is partly down to luck, we're all better at some manoeuvers than others. But at the end of the day if you can't do them all safely then are you going to be safe on the road (ALONE)?

Luckily for me I did pass it first time (which isn't all too common nowadays), and in my own opinion wasn't 100% ready, but just try your best to concentrate for the best part of 50 mins and you'll be fine. Talk to the instructor if that makes it easier for you. - Talking him through everything you're doing.

Any way good luck and I hope you pass too.

12. TesterJ

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My New Years Resolution was to quit smoking, I had been thinking about it for the last 6 months of this year... except... I decided on the 26th December to start giving up and it has now been nearly 4 days without a cigarette... Maybe I need a new new years resolution LOL!

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Good going so far - well done!

14. step49x

Currently, I don't have any (I don't have enough self-control to keep them very long..). Although, after reading a few of these here, I've found some ones that I might like to shoot for:
    -Join my college's GLBT group (there's one that's GLBT-only that i've been thinking about joining for the last week or so)
    -Get kissed/get a boyfriend (it might be a little ambitious for me at the moment, but it's always nice to aim for something! :wink: ).

15. William1

LOL! My new year's resolution is the same as last year - to try not to do it so much. :icon_bigg

16. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Hey - good to see you back here Willie!

Try to set a target - such as "no more than twice a day, morning and evening" and stick to it. But don't be too hard on yourself - it is quite natural to do it a lot especially at your age. As long as it's not getting in the way of other things you should be doing.

My new year's resolution - again the same as previous years - to try to be more organised with things like answering emails promptly, and doing my business accounts each month instead of at a rush at the end of the tax year. It hasn't lasted the last few months though.

17. ampthejazz

-Practice piano more.
    -Get a boyfriend.
    -Keep my grades up.
    -Not let being busy take over my life, and to make time for friends.

18. William1

Well I don't do it much more than that, maybe three times, and doing that doesn't stop me doing other things (like it only takes a couple of minutes, LOL!)

But if I don't do it, I keep thinking about stuff and it keeps standing, and I can't concentrate properly. So, I think I maybe do it too much, but if I dont ... :icon_redf

Neway like that's my resolution, to maybe only do it twice a day, and to concentrate on other things.

Neway, Happy New Year everyone! :smilewave

19. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

That's a good one. I must try to do the same thing.