1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thorpe Park oh. No.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lawRAWR, May 16, 2013.

1. lawRAWR

So tomorrow for my school leavers trip, we're going to Thorpe Park and I am so nervous! I have acrophobia (a fear of heights) and yeah. I want to conquer my fear but at the same time the worries are still there...

Any advice?

2. RedPowerRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I don`t like heights either i really don`t. Would there be some rides where you can stay on the ground? I went on a roller coaster once which was very very high. I wanted to have a thrill and experince it. I closed my eyes all the way through.Holding for dear life. If you want to try just think right i`m going for it. Do it once and if you didn`t like it you won`t have to do it again.

3. lawRAWR

Yeah, there are some water rides which might be alright :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Thanks, I'll just go for it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (!)

4. GayJay

I had never been on a rollercoaster before and was scared of heights
    I went to Alton Towers with my school, because i didn't want to look like a baby i got in line for the highest one there straight away.
    I don't think iv'e ever been so scared and was shaking and having a panic attack when i got to the front, but after i did it i was so glad and all the other rides felt so easy going because i conquered the big one first
    i now love the fair and get a thrill off going as high as possible
    That's what i would do if i was you

5. Candace

I agree with everyone there. I'm from the U.S. (so I'm not really familiar with Thorpe Park (but I assume that it's an amusement park)). So what I have done in the past for going to theme parks here is closing my eyes for some of the time. Acrophobia is a visual fear. Also, you don't have to sit in the very front, you know? It will seem less scary. Good luck :slight_smile:

6. eatsleepclimb

I'm a climber and have close to no fear of heights. But, I have had to take pretty big falls (like 30 feet) when I climb, so I had to get over that! If you want to try to get over it, try to close your eyes or something until you are really high, then once you are high and can't do anything about it open your eyes again. Maybe don't even look at the ride before you get on it so you have nothing to be afraid of.
    Good luck!

7. awesomedude1

awesomedude1 Guest

don't look down. all I have to say.