1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question for those of you who smoke

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by glitter pills, May 17, 2013.

1. glitter pills

which cigarette brand is your favorite?
    i currently have mellow and menthol american spirits, and im not really a fan of the menthol ones
    so i'm wondering what everyone's favorite brand is

also, dont even start preaching about how bad it is omg like everyone doesnt already know

2. MrBrightside

I smoke sometimes, usually when im drinking. My favourite from experience is marlborough reds, though they do cost more than others. My flatmate buys JPS blues and theyre not bad either (and cheap).

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just for the record: I can say with a very high degree of certainty that if you continue to smoke when drinking, you will, with about 95% certainty, become an addicted smoker. A large study was done years ago in Nature (British medical journal) and the statistics were astounding... the tobacco companies have spent billions to make their product as addictive as humanly possible. I won't go into the biology of why this is the case, but trust me, the science is solid. And every addicted smoker swore they'd never get addicted, so don't kid yourself.

So... unless you want to become an addicted smoker, I would strongly suggest giving them up completely now, before it's too late.

4. SomeNights

^agreed, but I smoke romeo y julieta on very rare occasion....they have a cheery tase and smell like when you burn oak or another heavy wood.

5. Kyllani

I quit smoking a few years ago, but my preferred brand was Kool. But, as long as it was menthol I would have smoked it pretty much.

6. timo

I'm glad I'm part of the 5% who doesn't :grin: Last april I went to a festival where I smoked some cigs, but I didn't touch one from last august until then, and haven't touched one since I came home, which is almost 4 weeks ago.

ANYWAY. Idk if you have these in the States but in Holland they sell 'additive free' Lucky Strikes. Basically it means they didn't add any shitty tastes and they're 'pure' (but just as bad) cigarettes. I like them.

I haven't bought anything else than Luckies in my life. First time I bought cigs I picked them because the package looks amazing, but from all brands I've tasted they do taste best.

Edit: I honestly can't stand menthol cigarettes.

7. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

[​IMG]

Русский Стиль (Russian Style) cigarettes...I brought a box of these home from Moscow.

But seriously, cigarette smoking is disgusting, switch to something more civilized, like snuff. (I wish I had the money to import some snuff right now!)

8. mwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll smoke rarely if a friend and I are hanging out, he loves to smoke and I just smoke with him. We always smoke Marlboro lights or Lucky Strike, for me, they are the best. But I like weed more hehe.

But I hate that I started smoking cigs, actually, that I even tried, because whenever I'm feeling sad or stressed out I just wanna buy a pack and smoke it, but I don't do that because I know how bad it is. But when I'm with my friend I kind of don't care, and that's just like... once a year, maybe... I used to smoke a lot more when I was 16, we used to buy a pack and smoke it only 3 friends haha. But yeah... I've always smoked Marlboro, so, they are my favorite foreverrrr.

---------- Post added 17th May 2013 at 07:05 PM ----------

Ooh, also, I so want to try the Vogue cigs, but I don't know if they are good, and as I said, when I'm with this friend we just buy Marlboro or Lucky Strike, never try anything else, so... that stinks.

9. SomeNights

Haha, I. Saw that ^ one coming plus I was waiting for some 13yr old to post......lol

10. June Cleaver

My Grandma gave me my first cig when I was a only child still so I was young. I loved the way they smelled and she smoked Newport. I love Lucky Strike the best follwed by Camel non-filter which as a lady, I used to use either my sterling, gold, or ivory holder with. These days I am tring to quit and am using BLU electric cigaretts and the cherry is my favorite flavor. June

11. Metalasaurus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly, I smoke the cheap stuff. I usually buy Pyramids because I can get a pack for $3 at Seven-Eleven.

12. Sully

A standard pack of cigarettes in Australia costs about $18...thanks Government!

I started smoking Marlboro Reds and love them, but I've gone more for golds these days. I've really cut down my smoking, it is hard to quit though, I would recommend that if you're contemplating starting to smoke. Just don't. Plain and simple. Don't.

13. Alexander69

14. someguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Personally when I smoke its cigars or pipes. But if I were to smoke cigarettes it would be something strong like Lucky Strike or non-filter Camel.

15. MrBrightside

Heres a wee trick i got taught a while back.

If you buy rollies (roll your own cigarettes), buy some flavoured tea bags and put some of it into your cigarette. I had raspberry ones once, was fantastic :grin:

16. kem

kem

:lol: Snuff is for hockey-players.

//

I smoke on occasion. I no longer buy my own cigarettes (I've only ever bought 2 packs anyway), I just accept when offered and ask for one or two if I feel like it.
    I have an e-cigarette and I use it a lot though. Also I smoke hookah with friends about once a week.

17. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Snuff is for XVIII century aristocrats and composers. Like Mozart.

Today it is for the elegant and trendy nicotine addict, just a pinch in each nostril, not like those nasty cigs that everyone destroys their lungs with. Dip is only good if you're in a certain kind of mood, like a redneck kind of mood, plus it will destroy your gums. No scientific study has ever linked nasal snuff to any sort of disease or deleterious health effect.

This stuff is my favorite snuff, Hedges L. 260, "The Snuff"...the menthol is so strong it used to be used by coal miners in England to clear out their nasal passages while working in the mines:

[​IMG]

18. Beware Of You

I quit last year.. I used to do Marlboro Golds

19. aeva

Over the years, I've smoked quite a few different types, almost always Marlboro though. Cloves, Camel Crushes, 54s, Smooths, Menthols, Skylines.

Now I'm back to the marb menthols, usually the 72s (shorts).

20. Convoy

Yeah that's the worst thing about ever smoking for myself; sure I quit and I'll probably never see any significant side effects If I don't start up again, but I want to and it's always tempting.

I've actually had to cut people out of my life and broken up friendships because of that, I just couldn't let that temptation get to me again. That and I know that if I start getting into anything else I don't want to get stuck back on the stuff I was addicted to for over two years; it only would take a pill or two to really mess me up.

Edit:
    Marlboro Reds weren't too bad but I mainly got whatever was cheap and available; I didn't always have the cash in the past (Partially because I was spending it all on junk) and walking like 30 miles for a few packs got to be difficult.

Living near the res makes it pretty easy to get cheap stuff, and that's really what hooked me (It's like $10+ a pack in most of the stores locally). That tax hike made a big difference a few years back..

#20 Convoy, May 18, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2013