1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

calling all Photographers!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Polaroid1996, May 18, 2013.

1. Polaroid1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    HEY(!)

I have never seen a post on hear about the joys of photography, so I thought that I wold make one! If you would like to share what equipment you use and what you like to use, what kind of photography you like.

Personally I prefer to run some Ilford HP5 plus through the Mamiya RB67 then develop and hand print the images in a traditional dark room, why? The satisfaction of hand processing your images from start to finish is just wonderful. Unfortunately I don't own one at the moment so I have to borrow one from my college when ever I want to use it. When I am not in full analog mode the Nikon D3000 serves me well :icon_bigg

2. Garciano

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey! amateur photographer here. i use canon on mainly of my photos but swtiched to d90 when it died. i actually have a blog but this account is incognito so i cant tell what it is lol

i have 3 old cameras actually that i wanted to use and develop my own shots, i find that idea awesome too! black and white is my thing :slight_smile:

3. kem

kem

Having replied to at least three photography threads, I can say there are many. :slight_smile: I'm a hobbyist as well, but I'd like to go pro.

4. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm studying photography.I really love it.

5. June Cleaver

June loves her camera! I used to use Nikon F for most of my life and my dad's old Roloflex 110mm camera as well. back in 2003 I got my first digital camera a Sony mavica that took these little cd's which I used for ebay mostly. Then I got a Panasonic 6 mega pixel in 2007 which used sd cards and took fairly good snapshots. A couple years ago I got a little Nikon coolpix 10 mega pixel that I use all the time now and I gave my film cameras away to a young guy really into film. My uncle reall got me into film back in the early 80's and he had a neat developer called a Kreonite (probably mispelled) which was automatic. The only thing I really miss about film cameras is my cokin filters that gave neat effects like rainbows, stars, fog, color and all sorts of others I had. I think I am one of the few on here with a album on here. I should add one with neat pics I have taken across this country! Nice to see other camera buffs out there! June

6. Illusion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Newbie Photographer here.
    I'm studying it for GCSE.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, it's nice to hear of someone still using analog photography. I agree one can do almost anything just as well digitally these days, but there is some sort of satisfaction from developing and printing analog negatives.

I was one of two photographers for my high school yearbook and so was constantly shooting pictures and processing 10 or 15 rolls of film at a time. We had mad darkroom runs where we'd go through and print maybe a hundred pics in one session. I had a dedicated darkroom in my house (my parents were incredibly lenient and generous in that regard.)

I noticed the other day that much of the chemistry and paper I used (Ektaflo, Ilford multigrade, most Agfa products, the various different film developers, etc) seem to no longer be made. I know the demand has gone way down so I suppose only the most popular stuff survives, but it's still sort of sad. I did find one site where someone's come up with the formulas to assemble your own darkroom chemistry by buying and mixing the raw chemicals used to make them, and if I were to ever get back into analog photography, that would be fun to try.

It's particularly cool that people of your generation are still doing analog photography. I suspect that will be an art that won't survive too many more generations.

8. BudderMC

And more importantly, that would be against the offsite contact rule. :wink:

I took an elective in photography during my extra year of high school and fell in love with it. I've been shooting with a Canon Rebel XS (nothing too fancy) for... almost 4 years now? I doubt I'll ever take it past a hobby, but I'd love to one day.

Some of my nicer shots are in my album here on EC for show: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/members/8088-albums3586.html

And this is what the wall of my room looks like plastered in my photos:

[​IMG]

9. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    BudderMC you have some awesome photos I see. I've also been working on a wall recently.

I've been a hobbyist for as long as I've been able to. I always enjoyed being shutter happy. I use a Nikon D80, and before that an old but faithful Coolpix 5.1mp.

10. Candace

I like photography as well (particularly urban (skylines and cityscapes) and nature photography). But...alas...I'm a novice :/