1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tl1975, May 18, 2013.

1. Tl1975

Can I remain friends with my ex and have a new girlfriend?

I dated a girl for 3 years. We have been broken up for 2 years. I have been dating someone else for 8 months. My new girlfriend is my everything. I am very open to her about my feelings. My ex is just that. I don't have any romantic feelings for her but we have remained friends. My girlfriend doesn't like that my ex and I are friends and had said she doesn't trust me with my ex. Is it possible to remain friends with my ex and not lose the love of my life?

2. You could just ask your girlfriend and see what she thinks about it. All girls are at least slightly jealous when their boyfriend talks to other girls, especially if it's an ex, so she has the right to be suspicious, but she should also understand that if you're with her, she should have a little more trust. It's just a girl's natural instinct to be suspicious about things like that. I think you should just talk to your girlfriend about it and assure her that you're just friends with your ex and nothing more.