1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't you get irritated when...?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by domus, Apr 15, 2008.

1. domus

domus Guest

You're standing/sitting somewhere public minding your own business and then you see someone just staring at you? I thought it would be flattering but I just find it creepy. It also makes me self-conscious even though I never really am. Then I start wondering if the guys are gay but then that would mean a lot of gay guys per trip. Just had to put it out there.

2. kramer362

Do you consider yourself attractive? Maybe it is just a flattering thing. You could try staring back with a vacant expression on your face, creep THEM out instead haha

3. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i have people staring at me alot of the time but i know it's more about the fact that i'm gay and they think it's wrong and that i should be straight.

start staring back with i sweet smile and i innocent look in your eyes.

it works if you want to make them uncomfortable

4. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I do that a lot. It's a habit I picked up from my friend.
    I don't mean to just stare at someone, I just become bored and I need something to focus my eyes and it just happens to be some person.

I sometimes do this just for the fun; there's barely anyone that will hold the eye contact; he or she would normally look away for fear of it being too awkward. :slight_smile:

5. Atom

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really like how people look sometimes, especially eyes, so, to all of you, I was probably the creepy guy you've seen before staring at you.

There's something about people's eyes that hold such truth and beauty. I think, eyes especially, really can tell a story, and I guess I just like looking at people in general: studying features, clothing, gestures, etc. I'd actually much rather look at people than at walls or floors. I usually do it while waiting in line or in other places when I'm not speaking.

But I suppose I do cut it off when the people I watch notice or we've maintained contact too long, but sometimes that's not my fault. Eyes can be so hypnotizing sometimes.

But now that everyone knows I'm the creep, I'm sure you guys won't be bothered anymore.

6. ok455

Its not really annoying i just make eye contact with them and see what happens they might want a new friend

7. davo-man

Hmm, on the bus, I usually listen to music and let my eyes wander, since I kinda of semi-go to sleep (its usually at least a 20 minute ride on the bus) and my eyes often alight on people, but I don't do it to be rude, I just like to wonder about what's going on in that person's life. Like why is that person catching that bus on that particular time on that day. Why don't they have a car, or why aren't they walking, etc. Well at least i find it interesting, so I'm probably one of those people who creep others out

Also, I check out nearly every guy I walk past (sometimes quite blatantly). So again, I am one of the creepy ones hehe

8. lostinthought9

OMFG!!! I HATE it when you catch someone staring at you....me and this guy in my class (who is bi, btw), always seem to catch each other's eyes, and its so annoying and uncomfortable, cuz i have to keep glancing back to see if he's still looking....so yea...it kinda is irritating...lol

9. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I stare at hot guys a lot :lol:

However, when somebody is staring at me, I usually feel uncomfortable and act weird or say weird stuff :dry:

10. Karlykins

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I normally look at the floor when i walk or am sitting somewhere so i dont really notice much lol, Id get really self concius if everypersone i walked past looked at me. If it's a hot guy i wont even go near looking into his eye's if i know hes looking in my general area or direction.

11. Defender

Defender Guest

A little while ago when I was on the train heading to the Melbourne Aquarium, I was doing it xD. A few of them kept looking at me too - a few were too cute :icon_redf .

12. Ty

Ty Guest

I hate it when people stare at me.

13. HalfInsane

Sometimes I really don't care, sometimes it creeps me out. I think it's just certain people you get that "Ohmigod child molester!" vibe the minute you see them, and then they start staring at you... and you want to run like hell. But yeah, the average person staring at me doesn't really bug me... I'll stare into space sometimes myself and then realize, based on someones look of "What do you want?" that they think I'm staring at them.