1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your passion?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, May 19, 2013.

1. Hexagon

As the title says, what is your passion? I was reading an article about passion and purpose in life (sorry, I can't find the link) but it was just talking about how we all have passions, even if we're told that our passions aren't good for anything.

My passion would have to be helping people in some way. I'd like to go into activism, or maybe providing services that help people.

What is your passion? And what direction would it lead you in if there were nothing standing in your way. I know we can't all choose our dream careers or paths, but its still helpful to know what they are.

2. Candace

Helping humanity have a better life, see the world, and understand it better.

3. Hefiel

Will seem odd to some because of the negative connotation attached to it from poor experience in school, but "Learning" would have to be my answer.

If I could, I'd spend my entire life in colleges or universities, and travel the world just to learn about as many things as possible. There are a few fields that I have more interests in than others (mostly science-related), but in general I like the learn about anything, even if I don't believe in it purely to gain a certain degree of understanding about what it is and how it works.

4. Foxface

Helping people to find better mental health...wholeness

It's all I care about most days

In a distant second is running

Foxface

5. castle walls

My passion is helping other people. I think it is my purpose in life. I even traveled to another country when I was in my early teens to help. I'm constantly looking for new ways to help people or how to improve in how I'm currently helping people.

Besides helping people, I have a passion for law, psychology, literature, and (to a lesser degree) music

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My passion is feminism, which is to say, ending gender oppression. I hope that all of my work, learning, developing, and exercising, will in their own ways make the world a safer place for all of us by rendering gender equality.

#6 Pret Allez, May 19, 2013
    Last edited: May 19, 2013
  7. NickTsuki

NickTsuki Guest

My passion is make people feel hope with my writing. I wished I could make people dream with words I wrote, dream and hope for better days, love stories and adventures. It's what I secretly dream of receiving one day, a ridiculously romantic and unreal love story.

8. Foxface

amen...hence why I am a Feminist-Jungian therapist...True feminism is about real equality. I love that you get that

Foxface

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To create things that touch people's hearts, give them an emotional thrill ride, and have them remember me for it. Whether that's through writing, video game assets, or simply helping someone deal with life, I want to give a gift to the world.

In a less grandiose form, my passion is learning about any and everything over the internet. It gets pretty addicting XD.

10. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Politics and sports.

11. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I would probably have to say computer programming and video game design. I just absolutely love figuring out how to make the computer do what I want, especially if the result is fun and thought-provoking. :grin:

12. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's a really terrific passion to have.

13. Shadow7796

Shadow7796 Guest

Anything music. Especially classical/instrumental composition

14. bagginses

bagginses Guest

My passion is in video games. Man if I could create a video game, I would die happy.
    I have so many ideas.

I'll even create a game with a LGBT character. LOL

15. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My passion is in writing. I want to be the one to inform people of a story they may not have heard about, or be the one that makes a person be brought to pure emotion reading one of my short stories. I also take a lot of pride in trying to help those that are less fortunate as me.

16. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    God, help me, as unmanly as it may sound: baking. Mostly cakes, but I do other items, too. I am one heck of a baker.
    It just came naturally to me, and I have yet to find a person that wasn't floored by whatever I had made.
    Alas, as of late, I've been so busy between early mornings, gym, work, and keeping up with family happenings, I've not had the time to actually do any baking.
    I think it would be pretty neat to have a little cake shop or something. ^^'

17. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fag XD. Nah, who could put down baking? Nobody who loves eating delicious things.

People here have some great passions! And it's awesome to see the love for programming and game design. :grin: Programming and I don't get along, unfortunately.

18. followtherabbit

being a troubled artist.
    i just love being an angsty aspiring actress, singer/song writer, poet and with a weird passion for drawing naked women who are half robot and painting weird mysterious paintings in black acrylic paint all over my bedroom walls when im drunk

19. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like two things: helping people, and hard labor. Nothing makes me feel better than working my ass off for someone else.
    Put those things together and you get my profession - firefighting. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: