1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you find the opposite sex gross?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Spatula, May 20, 2013.

?

Gay Folks: how do you look at the opposite sex?

1. opposite sex is gross/ugly

6 vote(s)
    4.2%
  2. opposite sex is neutral

30 vote(s)
    21.0%
  3. opposite sex is beautiful, but not in a sexual way

70 vote(s)
    49.0%
  4. opposite sex is sexually attractive, but not as much as the same sex

11 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. I'm bisexual so this poll doesn't apply

26 vote(s)
    18.2%
  6. I'm asexual so this poll doesn't apply

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, being bisexual, one thing I've always had trouble wrapping my head around has been that some gay/straight people seem to find their non-preferred sex gross or ugly, while others find their non-preferred sex neutral, and some even find them attractive.

I had long thought (back when I thought I was straight), that the straight guys I knew who did this were just trying to make themselves look 'straighter' because they were insecure. I had thought that a true straight man would find other men neutral. Not disgusting, just not arousing--completely neutral. And that this disgust was socially conditioned or manufactured to conform to heteronormative ideals. After coming out and hanging out in the gay community for a while, I've encountered a number of gay guys who seem to do the same thing in reverse.

So let's have a little survey. How do you look at the opposite sex?

2. Harve

Vaginas disgust me. But then again, I don't exactly find dicks to be exactly 'pretty' either.

But apart from the actual sexual organs, it's pretty neutral. In fact, I don't find kissing guys and kissing girls to be too different. Lips are lips.

3. Hefiel

Ughs, girls. *shivers*

Just kidding. I'm mostly neutral towards women. There are some occasions where I can find a woman very attractive, but not in a sexual way. They are more of an exception to the rule though, so I voted for the neutral option.

4. sillyolme

Well, I have always been neutral about guys. Unless they look absolutely repulsive, most of the time I just think.. Meh (there are very rare occasions where I find a guy attractive). In regards to penises, I tend to laugh if I see one in real life. Not because of the size or anything, I just find them funny, I guess cause I'm not used to it, how they work etc. With girls, I find them abolutely gorgeous. Still not sure if it is in a sexual way though.

5. WanderingGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm bi. And I think it's cool how genders don't limit me.

6. Reptillian

You need the other option. I am either heterosexual or asexual or a hetero-quasi-sexual or a pomosexual. To me, I can find women and men sexually attractive, but I can get reactionary immediate attraction to women only based on their body. To me, finding others sexually attractive means I can see why one would want to have sex with that person, but it has nothing to do with what I feel about the person or the body.

7. Sabinian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are some girls I genuinely find attractive, but I don't feel any impulse to have sex with them. Over the past few years as I've tried to make myself hook up with many such girls just because well... I was in a frat and that's the kind of thing we did. It's led to some "successes" and many embarrassing failures in the bedroom. :-/

Haven't hooked up with a boy yet, but it's in the works. ;-) Already, just talking about boys in a sexual way feels a million times more normal, natural, and exciting than talking about girls.

8. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    for me its like there attractiveness is limited to the face , I can see what others see In some men when I look at pretty boys face , but when it comes to the rest of a guys body I never notice /don't bother looking so id say I notice there face If they stand out , there bodies neutral in a way like it doesn't even cross my mind to look at there bodies not like when I think a girl bodies isn't particular attractive to me , but cause with girls I still notice.

9. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well in terms of sexually, I feel nothing when I look at men. I'm not repulsed by them, and their genitalia is kinda... weird to me... but then again no one's genitalia is a basket of roses. It's more about the person who it belongs to. I know a lot of women who have crushes on male actors or celebs or whatever, but I don't feel either way when I look at them, six pack or no. However, that doesn't mean I can't identify if a man would be attractive to someone or has attractive features.

Also, I'm Panromantic so I can have crushes on men if they're close friends of mine, but I find that developing a crush on a man takes significantly longer for me than it would a female, and with women I can find them sexually attractive without knowing them personally.

10. Oddish

Oddish Guest

"I'm asexual so this poll doesn't apply".

Cough. Asexual people can still find people very much attractive. We just lack the initial sexual feelings towards them, but we can go, "I think she/he/they are cute/attractive."

Anyway... I am neutral towards males. I can appreciate a good looking guy, but I don't want to date/do anything in a romantic manner with him as opposed to women.

11. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think women have very beautiful bodies, but I can't get sexually aroused by them. Sorry ladies :smilewave

12. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't say gross. I just don't find them attractive.

13. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My vote: "opposite sex is beautiful, but not in a sexual way." I can appreciate attractive women...although my vision of attractive may not align with what the culture thinks.

It's just the sex part that holds no interest.

14. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I ended up saying I'm bisexual because I do experience appreciable amounts of attraction to all genders. However, I am somewhat repulsed by overly masculine men. Masculinity in general is a huge turn-off for me.

15. junglejulia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Nah, I think guys can be good looking, but when I see em naked, posing, I want to laugh. The penis though, is a big no no for me. No offence, but it's not a pretty sight next to a girls flower.

16. Dans le placard

I can recognise a beautiful woman when I see one, but I wouldn't necessarily find them sexually attractive to the point where I'd want to jump in bed with them at the drop of a hat.

17. vyvance

I can find women to be attractive, but vaginae repulse me.

18. I can recognize attractive women and stuff but I have no desires for them. I actually just got into a fight with my friend because I thought PJ Harvey was really pretty and she did not agree at all. (She is completely crazy on this one.)

19. Candace

I think they are beautiful like artwork and the Grand Canyon (girls are) but not sexually.

20. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty neutral towards women.
    I like men a lot more than I do women. It's not 100%, because nothing (besides scientific laws) are absolute in this world, but I generally prefer the efficiency and attitude of well-to-do men more. Perhaps I've just been around better guys than girls though.