1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College vist and more

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Urman, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Urman

Urman Guest

Ok so this Thursday im goin to upstate New York very upstate 20 miles from Canada about 6 hours away.I am going to go vist a collage for 3 days im kinda nervouse i dont know anyone ect ect but after all that my mother might come up and we might go into Canada i was woundring what i can do while i am up there and any advice about visting the collage?

2. Urman

Urman Guest

Re: Collage vist and more

anyone?

3. Tim

Tim

You mean Visit a College? A Collage is a collection of pictures... ^^;

That was distracting me lol

The only college I've visited all I did was do the orientation and look at the map and try to remember the layout o.o; That's easier said then done... Hopefully the candian members can be more helpful than me in this XD

4. Urman

Urman Guest

it was college not collage rofl thanks for the reply thought

5. Louise

Well first of all RELAX. Enjoy your visit. If you are all tense and nevous it sill take all the fun out of it. I don't know where you are going so I don't know where the interesting things are but you could do some research about the college, find out its exact location, history, articles written about it, the reputation it has, if it has LGBT support groups in the college or in the city near by.

OF course anything new is always scary but don't let that get you down see it as an adventure. If you find out as much as you can about the college before you even get there things won't seem so strange, there will be a certain familiarity to your surroundings. When you go into a certain building you can say to yourself 'oh yes this building was built in such and such a year by... in order to ... and you will be so busy remembering the facts that you learnt you won't have time to be nervous.

Also you will surely not be the only new person there so if you are informed about the local city, amenities etc you will be able to chat to or help other new commers by simply saying 'oh I read that there is a bar/club/library a few miles down the road... shall we go and see what it is like?'... or something along those lines.

Hope you have a great time, let us know how it goes. :thumbsup:

6. Urman

Urman Guest

Thank you for the advice i am still a little nervous the big day is tommrow.The college is Suny Canton it is a half hour from Augusta Canada.

7. Urman

Urman Guest

8. justjoshoh

Well, since it is an overnight visit, I assume that you are staying in a dorm room with a student. This gives you the chance to experience what that will be like. Most of the time, they place you with someone you don't know your first year anyway. So, it isn't going to be too different than what you will experience when you get to college. The student will probably have some activities for you that you are supposed to attend, plus let you spend some time with his friends in "safe" events.

The student will show you to the dorm room, where you will likely end up on the floor. You'll meet his roommate and some of the other people of the floor. He'll explain that you are supposed to attend the official things. You will get an official tour of the campus. You will probably sit in a class as an observer, most likely a lower level class in your major. If you are going in as an undeclared major, you will end up getting put into a class that most students need to take. You'll meet up with the student during each of these times, where he will take you to a campus cafeteria for meals.

In general, the school hires students that will not allow you to get into trouble. You are more likely to find yourself watching a movie in the dorm lounge than going to a frat party.

Good luck... I hope you find the school that best suits you.

9. Urman

Urman Guest

hi all just wanted to let u know im back all went well and i loved it anyways did i miss anything?