1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your way of coping with stress and your ways of motivating yourself?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Typhoon, May 21, 2013.

1. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Probably due to me having Asperger's Syndrome, I tend to overreact to pretty much anything, but exams are the one thing that I honestly am panicked most by. I try to deal with the stress by listening to music I like, which tends to calm me but which is still distracting.

I have a Criminal Law exam in 7 days, and I can't really motivate myself to study, I spend most of the time worrying over what I don't know. I try Recordings, but my voice comes out all weird and stuff so I avoid that. Given that I have an almost-eidetic memory, I usually get pretty good marks for studying a subject like the one I have, in a span of 6-8 hours only on the day before the exam, my senses start peaking at 5PM. I don't know why I get motivation just the day before, I want to start now whilst I have a few days. I even scored 71 in Roman Law last year because I was motivated to actually pass it, and I started studying the subject the day before.

Now I have several days before the first one, and my motivation is lacking. My head is crammed with a lot of nonsense, like Olyver's pubes in Game of Thrones, or The Walking Dead or something I read in the papers. Music is not motivating me, and I really can't think of anything, so I'd really like to hear your ways of coping with stress and how you motivate yourself:slight_smile:

I know I sound completely bonkers, but try to be nice :thumbsup:

2. HeyAshley

well if you cram in the exam and study for everything the night before, you'll probably end up with another 71. i mean maybe that's good where you're from but that's a C-/D+ in most american grading scales. maybe you should just study for like, a half hour each day?

i don't really have issues motivating myself to do something so it's hard for me to say. normally i just smoke a bowl when i'm stressed, but obviously that isn't for everyone.

3. RedPowerRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I listen to music to. Do you listen to happy music? High tempo? I think swimming would be good for stress to. Go outside on your bike. Just going outside and not staying indoors would help to. Btw i like bonkers. lol.

4. NeonMan

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My way of coping stress and way of motivating myself varies on the situation.

When it comes to studies, I do not want to be the one who gets the lowest grade inside room so I focus really hard. Try having a friendly competition with your friends it will help motivate yourself. For short, I do not want to be the subject of humiliation inside the classroom so I am fairly motivated when it comes to studies.

71/75 score? I am assuming. well, that's great.

But yeah, for me too, a week before the exam, my head is also flooded with nonsensical stuffs, I think it is normal for most people.

:slight_smile:

5. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    71 / 100, which is over here a B+

The average was 51.46%.

---

I can't risk that, and I don't want to just pass personally. I want great marks, I should be studying before the last day, but my mind is oddly blank :frowning2: I got a 45% in the first part of this subject last year, which has a high failing rate at 25.7% average >.>

Never understood how one panics over something yet is able to do jack shit about it until it is almost too late. :frowning2: