1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your ideal home must haves.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, May 21, 2013.

1. Alexander69

So I you are looking at moving out or buying a home what must a house have for you to buy it? I've recently started thing about this myself. When I move out why does my house have to have? In my family your first home is everything #1 becuase it's tradition in my family that your father must buy you your first home. Except now it will e my father AND my mother buying my first home. And now that I will be turning 19 this year I am thinking. There is no age where you must have a house but I hate living at home so for me sooner the better. But here is the complicated part! I've always lived in homes no smaller than 7,000 sqft that being the smallest home we own. And it got me thinking.... Could I live in a smaller home like 4,000 sqft? The answer is yes but would I be comfortable? Me personally I love having atleast 7 bedrooms (I don't know why) becuase I won't have children but I've always lived in homes with 5-7 bedrooms or more so to me it's a sense of comfort I guess also as far as style goes of the home I really like chalet style it feels warm to me wood and stone like one of our homes in whistler. As far as flooring I really prefer Italian marble the kitchen would have to be all Italian marble. It woul need 5-6 bathrooms becuase I like decorating bathrooms each with separate steam showers and jet tubs and granite counter tops and slate floors. It needs to have atleast 2 living rooms and a dining room able to fit a huge table. The reason I like 2 living rooms is one for children if family should visits and one for adults. It needs 3 car garage becuase I intend to have 3 cars 2 for me 1 for my man. It needs to be gated not gated area but the property must have gates and a road leading to the home, it must must must have a pool I have always had a pool I don't intend on not having one. These are what I would like in a home, NOW here is where realty kicks In property tax electrical hydro all that stuff. My family doesn't care about all that stuff becuase it's just "money" as my mother says but the thing is what if I don't et a good job? And once I come out I get no inheritance..... So what is I don't have the money to maintain the house I get? This is the reality........ It's just I'm so accustomed to this life that I can't imagine living with out certain things. I have changed alot I don't need designer clothes any more and all that stuff but these things like owning multiple houses and cars and that it's really giving me anxiety thinking about living with out it...... And it bothers me becuase when I come out I get disowned its a fact and that means my brother with get everything cars money houses shares everything! And ill be left with nothing! Anyways I'm off topic sort of well no I'm on topic but bit what I first asked!

Anyways forget that what is your ideal homE?

2. BudderMC

In a dream home:

- massive kitchen
    - super open space/high ceilings
    - lots of windows/daylight
    - a bathroom attached to my master bedroom would be nice (WITH A NICE SHOWER)
    - in a location with nature nearby, prime view, etc.

3. Zontar

Good neighborhood. That's it. No gangs, no drugs, nothing. Just a good neighborhood and I'm fine.

4. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would like enough space outside to pee in the yard without anyone seeing. I like a lot of outside space to myself

5. BornInTexas

Dream home must-haves:

- Modern, open, window-filled theme.
    - Large bedroom with attached balcony, seeing as it is upstairs.
    - Lots of skylights and just light.
    - Open, but homey feel.
    - Portraits of myself, family, etcetera.
    - PETS! Doggies, kitties, fish...otters. BEARS!? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Idk. I love animals.
    - Large bathroom with shower and tub separate. Large hottub. :grin:
    - Acres of land, maybe about ten, seems adequate.
    - Park full of trees, nature-feel.
    - Bench in the park, where I can just sit an absorb the outdoors, which I don't do often. I do it when I am at my aunt's house.
    - I like being in cities, too...so...this is confusing. I could live outside the city during Summer-time, and have an Autumn and Winter-time apartment in the city.
    - Live in a place where crime is LOW. So low that stealing a candy would probably be big news.
    - Relaxing studying. Lots of books inside with homey feel, and a neat area for when I am doing my reports and stuff for my future occupation(s)! :grin:

#5 BornInTexas, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
  6. LailaForbidden

In all honesty? Love.

;D

7. Aielar

I'd like to design my own house someday, when I have the finances to back that dream up, and there are a few things I would like to have.

- nice sized kitchen, with an island and black/stainless steel appliances
    - sky blue and dark blue trim paint on the inside
    - several bedrooms (four or five, as I do plan on having a big family and would like there to be someone for guests to stay)
    - two and a half bathrooms, one off the master bedroom and the rest throughout the house
    - light laminate floors
    - lots of natural light (skylights would be a nice feature, but they aren't a must)
    - a big yard with a garden and a deck for family activities
    - safe neighborhood
    - close to amenities (schools, daycares, grocery stores)
    - close to the forest, or the beach, or the lake
    - open balcony off the master bedroom
    - family photos on the walls

8. FruitFly

My ideal home is basically a strong skeleton upon which I can add things to over the years.

I just want a structurally sound house/flat with a working indoor toilet, and other basics (as in working taps, some form of heating, that sort of thing). Providing it's my home and I can do what I like with it then it is ideal for me, I just don't want to have to worry about the things most people take for granted when it comes to housing. I kind of have two "ideals" in my head, one being a two room structure which while small is pretty much all a spinster and her cats needs, and the other being 3 bedrooms, a living room and a dining room complete with a large amount of outdoor space to accommodate children. That's all I think of really, everything else is just basics. Nothing fancy, nothing elaborate. Beds, mattresses, kitchen with a cooker of some sort, that sort of thing. I know I do not want to go back to a sleeping bag on the floor again, and I know I want to have my own house where no one can dictate the colour I paint the walls, but that's about it.

What can I say, I have low standards.

9. Hefiel

Not too many walls so that there is more space.
    Lot of windows to have some great lighting.
    Good-sized bathroom with shower (it's cramped in mine at the moment)
    Great scenery outside.

For some reason, I've always liked the idea of having a house taking advantage of nature. For example, having trees that were previously in the area be included in the house by constructing around it. A bit like this :
    [​IMG]

10. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    - A fence for my black lab. Preferably in the backyard.
    - A porch for porch sittin' and people watchin'.
    - A good amount of windows. A lack of windows is depressing.
    - At least two bedrooms.
    - A good neighborhood.

11. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Right now, my sister and I are searching for houses. In reality, we won't be able to afford anything with more than two bedrooms, and our biggest priority is that it's close to public transport. In an ideal world, we'd live in a house with plenty of bookshelves, that's built to keep out heat as much as possible, and that has central air conditioning. I'd also love to be close to the city.

Also, no stairs. I've never lived in a house with more than one storey, and I don't like the idea of not being able to leave the house immediately in case something goes wrong. My sister and I also both have problems climbing stairs.

12. BornInTexas

I always enjoy looking at houses online that have done that. It's so refreshing to have maybe a tree in your living room. xD I love houses like that.

13. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You know, luxuries, like, a bathroom, front door, walls, carpet, and a roof.

14. starfish

I really don't care for large houses. I live in a 670 sqft apartment and it is way more space than I need.

The main thing I don't like about my apartment is the bedroom is just way too big. I would prefer that the bedroom be half its size and the add the space to the living room.

In my ideal house I would have a small bedroom and the rest of the space in a single open room. Then just by moving my stuff around I could adjust the space to what I need.

I would like to have a workshop. Dosen't need to be very big, something the size of a single car workshop would be perfect.

Not sure as to the location. I would either want to be in the city center or have a few acres out in the county. Out in the country would be great for entertaining. I love BBQs. Nothing like having a bunch of friends over to drink beer with half a cow on the grill.

15. ok455

I want a Townhouse/Condo
    3 large Bedrooms 2.5 baths
    Balcony or Patio
    Modern Kitchen with stainless steel appliances
    Washer Dryer upstairs
    Small back yard enough i don't like a lot of yard work
    A good neighborhood near everything, Work and Nightlife and shopping
    Garage or two reserved parking spaces
    No kids around, Young Professional neighborhood
    It has to be in the city i can't do suburbs
    Fenced in yard privacy fence
    and landscaped front yard

The house will either be in Midtown Atlanta or Florida my top two places where i want to move. If something comes up and i have to stay here i already have a place in mind.

16. Alexander69

Wow when I read everyone's comments I realize MORE how messed up my views are..... You all seem so happy and just want to feel homey..... But I guess I've never felt at home because we own so many homes an I'm never at just 1. :/

17. kem

kem

My ideal home would be an Earthship with an atelier.
    I want lots and lots of windows and big ones. A garden would be nice.

18. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If we are talking as far into the future as me having children then id love to live in the sort of place where children play with their neighbours cause that's what I missed out on when I was growing up , a big garden for them would be lovely too and I would love to live near the seaside in quirky town.

19. Harve

lol

Fun fact: Thanks to terraces, British homes are amongst the smallest in the developed world: the BBC say 76 square metres (816 square feet). That's just a fifth of the size of your so-called 'smaller homes'. But I don't see the problem with that.
    I live in student accommodation, which is obviously shoebox-sized, but my mum's house is on a terrace and it can't be much more than 20 square metres for each of the three floors.

20. Umm lets see

-Adequate space for all my crap (Books, records, guitars etc.)
    -2 Bathrooms
    -Basic things (Kitchen, bedroom, living room etc.)

That's it! I also wouldn't want it to be very big I really hate the idea of living in a huge house it'd be unnerving for me for some reason.

I don't so much care about the house so much as the people in it.