1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People who believe that being gay is environmental...(question)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Alexander

So we all know that there are those people who think that people become gay because they lack a strong parent of the same sex, right?

My speculation: Gay parents of the same sex as their child should provide the ultimate parenting experience to their children, according to the belief that the lack of a strong same-sex role model causes homosexuality. Same-sex parents of the opposite gender of their children break "traditional gender roles" anyway, so they're providing the same influences that having a mom and a dad would, right (according to the close-minded conservatives, you either are a manly man or a feminine man anyway)?

just thoughts :rolleyes:

2. Quitex

Quitex Guest

I really didn't understood the question, but If my sense of interpretation is vaguely correct, I'd say that as far as one of the parent assumes the role of a more-caring being (mom) and one take the role of a little more... dominant and strong being (dad), everything should be fine. also, what I may add, is that if same-sex couples are adopting (or having their own babies, lesbian couples this is), they should talk about their sexuality and what is right and wrong with their kid. Most of the kids wants to be as dad, or mom, so if dad or mom (or both!) are gay, they will think that being gay is the only way and may cause an emotional trauma.
    So at the end the best thing to do would be, since little (little = being a baby) talk about seuxality and how good is being gay but, it is good to be straight too!